Insane

I turn around to make my way out, but before I do someone calls out for me. A soft, weak voice is whispering my name.

My heart starts to race the moment I recognize the voice. I look around the room, but he is nowhere to be seen. I can hear the growls from the fight that's taking place in the other room, so I'm positive it isn't the Wendigo mimicking his voice. "Isaac?" I softly whisper the moment I hear someone cough. I observe the room again, but there is still no other person to be seen. My eyes are wet from the tears and I feel like I'm losing my mind. Am I going insane?

I kneel down to the ground and cover my head with my hands, but I look up to see Stiles. "We need to hurr-" Stiles stops talking and kneels down next to me. "Are you okay?" Stiles grabs my hand and covers it with both his hands. I fake a smile and sigh. "I feel like i'm going insane." I stand up and brush my hands through my hair. "What do you mean?" Stiles seems confused. "I can hear his voice. He's calling for me, but he's not here... I checked the whole room" I say while moving my hands around. Stiles grabs my wrists and looks at me. I let my head fall back and take a deep breath. Then I hear it again. I can hear him whispering my name, coughing. My mouth falls open, but I quickly close it again and with wet eyes I look at the wall instead of looking at Stiles. "You're not going insane" Stiles looks at me.

His eyes have widened and he seems focused

His eyes have widened and he seems focused. "Wh- what?" I say the moment Stiles lets go of my wrists. Stiles yells out for Isaac and it takes a few seconds, but finally we get another answer... A weak "help." Stiles follows the sound until he's standing in front of a wall made out of ground. "We have to break this wall" Stiles looks over at me and I immediately walk towards him. Stiles walks over to one of the skeletons laying on the ground and grabs one of the bones. "Are you out of your mind? Put that back!" I softly yell. "What? We need something!" He replies. "We're NOT using a human bone." I take a step back and kick the wall. Stiles and I dig our way through the ground wall, until we see the room behind the wall. I can see Isaac sitting on his knees with his hands chained against the wall. "Oh my god" I whisper to myself and make my way to Isaac. I fall down on my knees in front of him and put my hands on his face to lift his head. His eyes are closed and his body and face are full of wounds. The Wendigo didn't kill him, but he had no mercy on him either. Isaac looks bad and he's not healing, not at all.

Isaac slowly opens his eyes a little the moment I lift his face, but he slowly closes them again. "Stiles we have to get him out of here. We have to get him to the hospital. He's dying" I say while checking the chains. Stiles is checking out the room and quickly comes back with a large rock. "Okay" I softly whisper while taking a look at the rock. Stiles tries to break the chain, but it won't break. "Wait... Stay with Isaac" I say to Stiles while standing up. Stiles nods and I make my way to the others.

I walk in on the Wendigo growling and moving around, while Allison is pointing her crossbow. "GO" she shouts. Scott immediately looks at Derek who looks at Lydia. Lydia prepares herself and screams. The moment she does, the Wendigo covers its ears and makes an unbearable sound. Scott and Derek hold the Wendigo against the wall, or at least they try, and signal Allison to shoot. The Wendigo is distracted by the sound Lydia just spread, but still isn't working along. Allison quickly shoots right in the heart and when the Wendigo notices he pushes both Scott and Derek around the room. Soon after the Wendigo falls down on his knees and catches fire. Stiles, who just ran in, immediately screams. "FINALLY" he yells. I run over to Scott and Derek and ask them for their help. We walk back to Isaac, but when Scott and Derek have Isaac in their sight, they seem shocked. I notice their looks. "He is in danger. We have to get him to the hospital as soon as possible" Scott walks over to the chains. "We need your strength to break the chains" I continue. Scott looks over at Derek and he grabs the upper part of the chain in his hands, which now have claws. Derek walks over to my side and does the same thing. I sit down in front of Isaac and keep him awake. Both Derek and Scott use all their strength to break the chains and after a few attempts it breaks. The moment the chains let go of Isaac, he falls down. I quickly lay his head on my lap. Scott grabs his phone and calls Sheriff and 911.

A few minutes later the police and ambulance arrive. They lay Isaac on the stretcher and I follow them to the ambulance. I walk past Allison, Lydia and the body of the Wendigo which is now in ashes on the floor. My face turns to Stiles who is talking to his father. "Tell them it was a camper gone mad" I hear stiles say. I continue walking towards the ambulance where Scott awaits me. "You're going to the hospital?" Scott asks me. I nod. "So am I, want a ride?" He continues. I softly smile at him.

 I softly smile at him

12:48 AM

We arrive at the hospital where we wait on Melissa. After about 20 minutes she walks out of the room. The look on her face is far from good. We both look up to her. "The wounds are really deep, and there are a lot of them" she informs. "What now?" Scott asks. "We have to keep him here" Melissa replies. "Why isn't he healing" she continues, but this time she's whispering. "Because it's not a human nor a wolf that did this to him. It's a Wendigo. A Wendigo is stronger than we are" Scott answers. "It's like getting scratched by an alpha, only worse" I inform after being quiet for a while. After talking, Melissa lets us in. "My shift is almost over. See you at home?" Melissa starts. Scott nods and his mother brushes her hand over his shoulder on her way out. "Do you need a ride home?" Scott looks at me. "No thank you. I'm staying here for tonight" I sit down on the chair next to the bed and takes off my jacket. "Are you sure?" "Yeah I'm staying" I say and smile. "Okay, I'll be back tomorrow. Call me if you need me" Scott says and exits the room. I wrap myself up in the chair and look at Isaac. He opens his eyes a little and I immediately smile at the sight of it. I push the chair towards the bed and grab his hand. He slightly smiles at me and closes his eyes again. I'm still holding his hand. I lay my head next to his arm and our hands next to my face. After a few minutes I'm out.

Chapter 10: Insane

Chapter 10: Insane