Hopelessly in love

7:14 AM

"No way that happened" Isaac says while bursting out in laughter. We hold hands while walking around the town. "It so happened" I say while raising my eyebrows and laugh. It's a cold, early morning and we decided to get some coffee. I look at Isaac's hair which is a bit messy. He's wearing a scarf, which I find extremely cute on him, and a dark, long coat. Isaac looks at me while trying to hold his laughter in. "Don't laugh at me! I was such a little girl back then" I say trying to defend myself. "You still are" He says and smiles brightly at me. I open my mouth a little to show him how shocked I am by his reaction, but I can't help but laugh. I let go of his hand and face him, while taking a few steps back. He throws his head back and continues to let out a few laughs. I place my tongue against the back of my teeth and continue walking while taking my space from Isaac. He quickly rushes over to me and hugs me from behind while holding his coffee in one hand. He kisses my cheek, turns me around to face him and then places his lips on mine. "You can't kiss little girls" I say and look him dead-serious in his eyes. He looks back at me without any emotion, but quickly lets out a sigh mixed with a soft smirk and looks to the side. I kiss him on the cheek the moment his face turns to his side and grab his arm. "You're an idiot" he softly whispers. "You love it" I joke around.

We've been sitting on a bench in the park for about 15 minutes now while talking, but all of a sudden Isaac lets out a soft "Got to be kidding me." I have my hands tucked in my pockets and my head is laying on Isaac his shoulder, but I quickly lift my head the moment Isaac speaks up. A figure is coming our way. A figure we quickly recognize. "Morning lovebirds" the male voice speaks. "Peter, so nice to see you" I say a little sarcastic, but quickly nod at him while giving away a soft smile. "Same for you" he says back to me. He then looks at Isaac who presses his lips on each other. "Isaac" Peter clears his troath. "Peter" Isaac begins while looking up at him. "What brings you here?" He continues. "My appartement is down the road" Peter answers while nodding. "So I heard about the animal that attacked the boy last night. A mountain lion huh, interesting." Peter immediately made me question my doubts again. We all knew it wasn't a mountain lion, right? I nod at Peter. "A mountain lion" I softly say. Making it look like I agree. Peter then burst out some sort of "Pffsht" sound. "You actually believe that?" He continues. "They saw it themselves" I speak up. "Yea, but do you think the mountain lion actually hurted the man that bad? Or that the mountain lion decided to grab the bones and bodies out of the cave? Cause I don't think so" Peter says while looking around, laughing a little. I look up at Isaac who always seems to be thinking about the fact that he's right. "You know I'm right" Peter says and walks away. "He's right" I say to Isaac while laying my head back on his shoulder.

6:35 PM

I walk through our front door while carrying some of the groceries. I grab a pack of cookies out of one bag and open it. "So now you're dating?" My mom asks. We've been talking about the latest things while grocery shopping, which includes talking about me and Isaac. "Yea, well kinda...I think" I answer in a confused, but not really caring way. I lift my shoulders after I've ended my sentence and take a bite from a cookie. She grins and puts the bags down on the counter. "I like him" she begins. "I know you do" I tell her. "He's kind, sweet, but he is a werewolf." "Thought you didn't mind that? Or at least... Not anymore" I reply in a tone which shows my curiosity. "I don't. Not anymore. Well, It's not that i'm loving the whole fighting the supernatural thing, but you're doing it to help others, right?" "Right" I simply reply. "And Isaac is really sweet, like I said. So have you had sex yet?" She randomly asks while I unpack the bags. I immediately turn around and look at her. "Mom" I let out and frown a little. "What? I'm your mother" she then says. She always says that. "No mom" I say, not wanting to hide anything or make a big deal out of it. "But he basically lived here?" "Yea but we weren't serious, not yet. And I don't wanna rush into it." I turn around and open the fridge while putting some of the groceries in it. The moment I look back towards my mother I hear someone coming in the room. The thought of it being my sister immediately rushes through my mind, making me call out for her. My mom also turns around so we're both looking at the front door. "Mom, get here" I say as soft as possible, but hard enough for her to hear. My mom grabs my arm and gets closer to me. "Quickly, grab something sharp, and something to fire it with" I whisper in her ear. A dark figure is standing at our backdoor. A dark figure which slowly reveals himself. As it does I notice the figure, the monster, the Wendigo. Another Wendigo, but how? I'm shocked and scared at the same time since only me and my mom are here and there is no way I can defeat it by myself. I grab the first sharp thing I see, to keep it away from my mother, and slowly make my way towards it. I notice the Wendigo isn't the same one as before, instead it's not fully changed yet, not even close. Which means it can't hold as much as the one from a few days back.

As I take a step forward the boy, the Wendigo his eyes become darker and bigger. It's claws become sharper. Before I can make another move the Wendigo growls and already makes a few steps towards my mother. I yell "don't!" out of frustration and fear and start to panic more than I already was. I grab a sharper knife and make my way towards my mom who now makes a run for it until she's standing behind me. "Mom, toilet. Go now." My mom runs towards the toilet and tries to pull me with her. All of a sudden there's a loud growl from behind me which makes us turn our faces. The thought of there being two Wendigo's is too much to handle and I start to become really scared, as in I'm close to peeing my pants scared, but I quickly shake it off knowing I have to be the savor of the day... Or at least I thought. It wasn't another Wendigo who decided to show up. It was Isaac.

Chapter 17: Hopelessly in Love