Imagination

In just a second Aiden has thrown his whole body against the door in order to open it. "This isn't going to work" Lydia sighs. "We need a plan B."

"A plan B? You mean... This was our plan A?" I frown the moment I ask the question. "I mean... I guess so" Lydia answers while her voice cracks a little. Ethan grins slightly at what his brother just tried to do. "At least I tried something" Aiden replies after he notices his brother's facial expression. "Yeah and did it work?" "Shut up." I walk towards the door as I look outside to make sure there's no one there. I stand outside as I observe the area around me. There are only two lights keeping us out of the darkness. The table light which is standing on the desk and is shining out of the basement plus the street light which is located only a few feet away. As I observe the alley I notice the street light again which is now flickering. I slightly press my eyelids a little closer together which makes my sight a bit sharper. I can not only hear the sky flowing around in the sky, but I can feel it on my bare skin. I look back at the group to see if they've found a way through the door, but soon find out they haven't, not yet. The moment I look back to the street I notice the light has stopped flickering. Instead, it has now dimmed. "You okay?" A voice asks me from behind. I swiftly turn my face to find myself looking at Ethan who decided to join me on watch, or whatever it is we're doing. "Yea I'm fine" I answer and look at the light. Oddly enough, my sight keeps falling back on it. "Then why are you standing here? Keeping watch?" "Sort of, I guess." Even though he's standing next to me and I'm not looking at him I can still see his actions. He nods his head a little and looks at the ground. I take a deep breath and as I do the street light starts to flicker again, but this time something's going on. As the light goes from dark to bright a figure appears, but just for a second because as the light continues to flicker on the figure disappears. "Did you see that?" I ask Ethan who looks at me, a bit confused, and frown without realizing I do. "What exactly?" "The figure? The figure standing by the light..." I look at him and smirk softly. "You know what.. Never mind" I say and give him half a smile. "Are u sure?" "Yeah... I'm just really tired." I turn around to make my way back inside, but before I can Ethan stops me by laying his hand on my upper arm which makes me turn around towards him. He raises his eyebrows after asking me one last time if I'm sure. "Yes. Absolutely. You know what they say right... When you've been staring at the darkness for a longer period of time, your brain starts to recreate monsters" I say and chuckle softly. Ethan smirks and nods as he gives me a friendly glance before walking back in. I follow him, but stop for a second to look back to the street light which is now shining brightly again with no figure to be seen.

Chapter 42: Imagination
I'm back & not finished yet