Chapter 10: An Unexpected Guest

Adrian and Cat talked as they walked to a private conference room of the hotel. She was thankful no paparazzi were allowed on the property. She could handled everything in peace. Adrian looked at her and smiled, she looked at him and pushed the stray hair behind her ear again, "What?", he sighed, "I'm proud of you. I know my opinion doesn't matter, but Catherine, you are such an amazing human being inside and out. I never deserved you, and I know I have apologized but Cat, you deserve it again.", she looked at him, "Tell me Adrian, are you happy with your wife?", he nodded and gave a smile, "And you love her?", he nodded again, "Then my pain was worth it. You are truly happy and that is all I ever wanted for you.", he smiled at her before sighed, "But I harmed you in the way I promised not to, and Catherine. I will never not apologize for the pain I have caused you.", she looked at him, "Promises are meant to be broken, Adrian Neville. I have forgiven you, don't let your guilt weigh you down.", he smiled at her kind words and stopped in front of the conference room, "This is your stop.", she smiled, ", Until we meet again.", she walked inside and froze, "Uncle Hunter, why are you here?", he looked at her, "I could ask you the same question.", she tilted her head, "Sit with me.", she nodded and took a seat in front of her uncle.

She told him of her forgiving and speaking to Dolph in a civil manner, and of her forgiving Carmella and Adrian as well, "I am so proud of you, Little Cat.", she smiled and glanced down, "What else is on your mind.", she looked at him, "I need to apologize to Corey, Chris, Seth, and Summer.", Hunter looked at her, "Catherine, you have no reason to apologize to anyone. We all need to apologize to you.", she looked at him, "I know you and Dad were just looking out for me, and in all honesty, I thank you for that. I am known to rush head in concerning my feelings and time after time it has proved to cause my downfall. This last one being the worse.", he looked at her as she farrowed her eyes a spoke, "Some people are not meant for a lover, a significant other, but that does not mean we don't have soul mates. My soul mate is my best friend. If not for him, where would I be?", she moved her hand from his and spun the silver ring with a green gem, "I'd probably be in a rehab center in all honesty.", Hunter looked at her, "Catherine, do you want to return to Raw in two weeks time or stay with Smackdown?", she glanced at him, "I came to face my problems. When I return to Raw, I will face some more of them.", she glanced down, "Then I will decide. Will I stay on Raw or move back to Smackdown? I need a month.", Hunter looked at her, "You're saying Finn Balor is a problem?", she glanced down, "Isn't he?", Hunter looked at her and for the first time, she was unsure of what path to take. She swallowed the non-existent lump in her throat and looked at her uncle, her eyes showing her emotions. "I don't know what to do. I don't know how to approach this and it scares me.", she glanced down, "I, Davina.", she took a deep breath, "Catherine, you have to listen to your heart.", she glanced at him, "My heart is telling me to run away, to protect myself. My head is telling me to take the chance, risk being heartbroken once again.", she blinked and Hunter noticed the tears. "I've royally forked up, haven't I?", Hunter looked at her, "Did you?", she sighed and her phone chimed, "I need to call Davina.", Hunter watched her stand and walk out the door. He sighed and glanced down, his phone ringing, "Yeah, I talked to her. She's, unsure of what to do.", he sighed, "I know we did.", Catherine stood outside and spoke to Davina in a corner, "I know, Vina, I miss you as well. I know I said I'd be back but something has come up. Grandpa will be with you for a few weeks until I can come home and we can travel together. Just think, if you can crush your school work it could be a break, no homework for a week or two and you can see the country.", Davina got excited and began asking for Finn, Catherine farrowed her eyebrows, "Hang on, my boss is calling for me. I'll call you as soon as I can. Goodnight Davina.", she hung up and held her phone in her hand, looking at it. She felt someone lean against the wall beside her and she turned, "Hello Kevin.", he looked at her, "What's on your mind Cat?", she sighed and glanced down, "What should I do?", Kevin looked at her, "Well, you could either ignore the problem and eventually everything will explode in your face, or you can face your problem as you have been doing and figure out the best action for you and your health.", she looked up at him, "I'm not sure what that is. My heart and my head are sending conflicting messages and I'm not sure which one to listen to. Both have caused me so much pain and hurt.", Kevin looked at her and gave her a soft smile, hugging her, "Everything will be okay, little cat.", she sighed, "I sure hope so Kevin.", they separated and Catherine glanced down, "I need to rest.", Kevin nodded and she walked away, finding her room and locking herself inside to think. What should she do?

Finn stood backstage, his match was over and he was in catering, his phone rang and he farrowed his eyebrows, "Kevin, what's wrong?", Kevin Owens sighed on the other side, "What happened between you and Cat?", Finn froze and stood, walking away, "We had a slight argue-", Kevin stopped him, "I know that, I collected as much when she began asking me for advice.", Finn leant against a wall, "What?", Kevin sighed, "Yeah. She isn't sure what to do. If this was something small, she wouldn't be so conflicted. So what happened?", Finn frowned and then froze, "Oh no.", Kevin closed his eyes, "What did you do?", Finn glanced down and closed his eyes, clenching his jaw, "I told her I needed to get back to my home and my girlfriend. Who felt very betrayed at me spending my ever moment with Catherine.", Kevin closed his eyes on the other lined and took a deep breath, "Jesus Christ, Fergel. What were you thinking?", Finn sighed, "I wasn't. I was upset and I-", his phone chimed and he frowned, "She's just texted me.", Kevin froze, "Open it and put me on speaker.", Finn nodded and did as his friend said, his heart stopping at the words. "Fergel?", Finn closed his eyes, "I've screwed up.", Kevin frowned, "What do you mean? What's it say?", Finn glanced down, "Fergel Devitt, I apologize for being such a burden these last few months. I appreciate all you have done for me. Davina is quite taken with you, therefore I will not stop you from seeing her or spending time with her. Though, I think it best that we part ways. In order to preserve your reputation and mine. I hope life treats you well, along with your special lady. Farwell and best of luck, Catherine Michaels.", it was quite between the two and Kevin sighed, "She has decided then.", Finn froze, "What do you mean?", Kevin sighed, "Fergel, I'm sorry.", Dean and Renee ran down the hallway and found Finn, "I have to go.", Kevin sighed, "Of course. Stay strong buddy.", Finn nodded and put his phone in his pocket. He looked at her two closest friends and then looked down, Renee walked forward and hugging him, "Everything will be alright.", Dean glanced down and Finn noticed, Seth and Alexa walking over as well. Alexa spoke, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.", Finn looked at her and Seth sent her a look before she softly smiled, "If you love something, let it go.", Renee sent her a look and Dean spoke, "You pick a flower you like, but water a flower you love.", everyone looked at him and he looked around, "I need a beer.", before walking off. The other leaving one by one, Seth and Finn left. "I'm sorry man.", Finn glanced down, "So am I.", before they walked away. Stephanie noticing, "She has a month to decide if she wants to sign with us or with Smackdown. She'll be here for two weeks. Shane said she has been apologizing and forgiving like mad. Dolph, Corey, Carmella, and Neville. She said she means to speak with you two and Summer during her two weeks with us.", Finn nodded and glanced down. He needs to have a good apologize for her. She deserved one.

Birthday Update! Because it's my big day and I want you all to have a good day as well.