37: Royal Rumble Madness

Catherine was up and ready to go. She still had a few hours before the history-making, division-changing, first-ever Women's Royal Rumble match and she was prepared to do whatever it took to make it as long as she could. She didn't care about winning, but she did care about getting into the ring. She went into the office and smiled at Shane, Bryan, Stephanie, and Kurt. They smiled back as her eyes teared up and she let out a big breath. She shook her head, "Pick a number.", she smiled. She grabbed from the hat and smirked, if her dad could do it so could she, "Number 3.", and the group smiled at her. She was going to last as long as she could and she was going to make everyone proud. She hugged them all and walked out. She was needed at the pre-show table. She had the names of those who couldn't be there painted on her arm. She pulled on one of her shirts and smiled as she walked over to the table, "Joining us now, Catherine Michaels!", Catherine smiled, "Hello, hello.", she hugged over one as she took her seat at the end. "Catherine, you're no stranger to historic events in WWE history. From fighting you father to kicked your uncle off the top of the cell. What's so special about this match?", Catherine smiled, "This match is the first of it's kind. Yes, there's been a few women in Royal Rumble matches. But there has never been an all women's Royal Rumble match. Which is crazy. I am blessed to be in this match. I am blessed to have my father watching. I'm going to give this match everything I have and no matter how long I'm in that ring or if I win or not, I am a part of history. Day by day the women's division is growing and we are going in the right direction. We, has a division, can only go up from here. We're the last match of the night. That's history in itself.", Renee nodded, "Your husband, Finn Balor, is in the Royal Rumble match and you're in the Royal rumble match. There is a 1 out of 30 change that you guys will be headlining WrestleMania.", Catherine smiled, "As far as I'm concerned, I've had my WrestleMania moments. It's not about that. I am here because this is my passion and my life. I'm here for the boys and girls in the crowd at home, watching, who don't believe that have a place in this world. I'm here for the people who think they can't live their dreams. I'm living my dream and then some. I have an amazing job, an amazing family, and an amazing platform to make a difference. I'm not here to get my name in a record book or for the fame. I'm here for the fans.", Renee nodded and Catherine turned as chaos happened down at the ring and Daniel rushed by, he nodded and she winked. "Well, this has been fun, but I've got to go.", Renee nodded and Catherine rushed off.

Down at the ring, Lana and Liv were having a very physical and verbal disagreement. "You're just a child!", security was having problems getting them apart and Catherine barreled down the ramp, sliding into the ring and standing up. "Enough!", everyone paused. She shook her head and looked at the two, "Seriously? This isn't needed!", the both flinched and she rolled her eyes as Stephanie and Shawn rushed down. Liv and Lana glared and they both rushed toward Catherine. She groaned as she dodged, she tripped Liv and jumped up, spearing Lana. "You are both children!", she pulled them both up and slammed them into opposite corners. Her eyes aflame, "Have hunter call some of the NXT girls. Alicia is hurt and since these two don't know how to behave, we need replacements.", Stephanie nodded and Hunter walked out with Vince. Catherine turned, "I don't care if you two can't stand each other backstage or not. We are live on the pre-show, there are matches fixing to happen, and cameras backstage talking to the 30 women in the match about how they're feeling. This spat shouldn't have happened. This is a big night for us and you two will not ruin it.", Hunter nodded at Catherine and she turned back, "Let it be known that do to backstage problems, Lana and Liv Morgan have been removed from the Women's Royal Rumble Match.", Stephanie nodded and sent a message to a writer. "Who we got coming in?", Catherine turned, "You can't just remove us! You don't have the power.", Catherine laughed and turned, "If you guys didn't know, I'm an advisor over the Women's Division. I could have your jobs if I wanted them. There are plenty of girls down in NXT that are more deserving and a few legends in my phone that are as well. Get backstage, change out, and leave. If I see you backstage, there will be punishment later.", she snarled out and the two girls ran. Catherine sighed and took a deep breath, she grabbed a clipboard with the scheduling and nodded, "Let's go. Fans are about to file in.", everyone nodded and they left the area. Catherine spoke up, "They shouldn't have even been out here.", Hunter nodded and Catherine shook her head, "Alright. I've got an interview to do. I'll see you guys later.", they nodded and she walked away.

Hunter stood by as Catherine talked to Tom Phillips, "This match is a dream come true for the women of WWE. Those able to be here and those that aren't. This is a big step for us and I'm so proud of the division as a whole. Without the other girls, this wouldn't have been possible.", Tom nodded and Catherine smiled as she left the area. She glanced at Hunter, "I got a few of the Mae Young Classic girls.", she smiled, "Is my friend here?", he chuckled, "He will be in a moment.", Catherine smiled and clapped her hands, "Oh, I'm so excited.", she turned and glanced around, "Are you sure it's a good idea to have Ronda come out after the match? I mean, I don't want to take away from the winner. We need three girls anyways, why not have her come in in the last few entries.", Hunter looked at her, "It isn't my decision and you know that, but I agree.", she sighed, "There's going to be backlash, and I'm not going to defend Ronda. I can't. They girls are going to be upset. But you could get a few rivalry options out if this.", Hunter smirked, "Why not you? Run down and attack her. The rivalry of a lifetime. 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey and Catherine Michaels. She nodded and looked at her attire, "Shawn Michaels and Roddey Piper.", Hunter smirked and she winked. "I'll tell creative.", she smirked, ",I'll be prepared.", they went their separate ways and the night was moments away from starting.

Finn and Catherine prayed right before Finn left and she kissed him softly as Davina hugged him. "I'll stay here until you come back.", he nodded and she smiled, "Rather you win the whole damn thing, you last an hour, or you last a few minutes. I'll be proud of you. I will always be proud of you.", they hugged and a camera captured the moment. She sighed and he went out as number 2. He could do this, she had faith in him. She took a deep breath and sighed. She prayed again for the entire match and the participants. She didn't want anyone to get hurt. She took a seat at on of the monitors and Davina sat on her lap. Let the anticipation begin.

Catherine smiled, Dolph came back tonight. A few legends showed in the match, and a few NXT guys did as well. She twisted. Finn was still in and she had made a comment about a dream for the men was to eliminate Finn, it seems like they all have tried. It was down to the final four men; Roman, John, Finn, and Shinsuke. Catherine had stood up and she was by the gorilla. John sent Finn over the ropes and he crashed down. Her eyes filled with tears and he limped back to the back. He tackled him into a hug and whispered to him. He had last 57 minutes and he had made it to the final four. She was so proud. John came in moments later and they all watched as Shinsuke won. She smiled, the fans were happy and he deserved it. The fans would get the dream match of Shinsuke and Aj Styles as well. It was a good win. She sighed and Finn smiled, "Rather you win it, last an hour, or only a few minutes. I'm here for you. I will be proud of you. No matter what.", she smiled and kissed him. It was time.

Catherine sighed as she rolled over and stood up, staring down Becky and Sasha. She sighed again and the clock counted down. She glanced at Becky and they quickly turned and attacked Sasha. Catherine took a deep breath and flipped her hair. She was in an altered Shawn Michaels outfit. She had to last for this. She huffed out and prayed the time went by faster than it seemed like it was.

It was down to the final five. Nikki, Brie, Asuka, Sasha, and Catherine. Brie eliminated Sasha and Nikki went to eliminate Brie but Catherine hit a Sweet Chin Music. She tilted her head and rolled her eyes, Brie looked at her and Catherine sent a small smile. She didn't want Nikki to make it to the final 3. Brie climbed in and Catherine went to town on Nikki. There was no way she was letting John and Nikki get anything handed to them. She slammed Nikki into a corner and smirked, Nikki stood up and Catherine hit her again as she turned with a Sweet Chin and Nikki was eliminated. Catherine sighed and looked a t Brie. She smiled and tilted her head. She had other plans. She climbed the turnbuckle and jumped on to the apron before jumping on to the floor and walking over to the announcer's table. She sat down on the floor in front of it and Charlotte and Alexis looked at her. She gave a wait face to them and Brie and Asuka were in the apron, Brie getting eliminated. Catherine stood up and hugged her friend, Brie asked what she did what she did and Catherine smirked, "Just wait.", Brie walked up the ramp and Catherine smirked as the two champions and the winner stood in the ring. That's when she nodded at them an saluted. She bowed and walked out through the crowd. She rushed around and got backstage and to the gorilla as Ronda went through. The crowd erupted and she was smirking. Catherine smirked and waited. She climbed the steps and the three in the ring weren't impressed. Catherine sprinted out and slid behind Ronda. She dropped kicked her and Ronda stumbled. Catherine took off Roddey's jacket and tossed it to Stephanie. Catherine smirked and she glared at Ronda. Ronda stood up and went to charge but Catherine caught her and headbutted her, hard. She slammed her from the ring and glared. She, Alexis, Charlotte, and Asuka raised hands. Asuka pointed at the WrestleMania sign and Catherine stared down Ronda and she shook her head no.