Chapter 18: Changes

4 Months Later

A lot can change in four months, Catherine went to Smackdown and she was happy, sadly just one month later she received a severally sprained ankle and not knowing when exactly she'd be back she and Shane thought it would be best for her to put it up in a fatal four way match between Naomi, Nattie, Lana, and Becky. She sat ringside and gave the title over to Nattie with tears in her eyes. She was sent home and she worked on rehabilitation on her ankle that had already been hurt many time before she went back. She was ready for her return it had been 3 months not in the ring and she was ready, and Davina could travel now. "Are you ready? Do you have everything?", Catherine smiled and looked at her father, "I'm fine, I promise. I have everything and so does Davina. I'll call you, I promise.", she hugged her dad and took a deep breath, "So no-one knows you're going to Raw? Not even Randy?", Catherine rolled her lips, "I told Randy as I signed the contract he was in the room with me.", Shawn smirked, "What about Balor? Does he know?", he watched his daughter blush and glanced down, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, "No, it's a surprise. Steph and Hunter are going to pick us up. Then we are being snuck in, the car is letting us out right out of the door and I get a private locker room tonight.", Catherine's phone buzzed and she quickly sent Finn a text letting him know that she'd be watching. Survivor Series was in a month and a half and Stephanie had asked her to be Raw team captain, she had a month to make her team and she knew she needed Nia and Foxy. She also knew that as soon as she could, she would be surprising Finn Balor in the ring. She smiled, she was happy she had said yes to being his girlfriend, the infinity heart Ruby ring was all she needed to know that she was loved, her and Davina. "You really love him?", she smiled, "It just took a broken road to get to him.", and a car honked outside, "Come on Davina, do you have your Nintendo system? I'm sure of you ask nicely Seth with play a game with you, maybe even Jason.", Davina popped out holding her backpack that held her Nintendo switch, all her games, and all her accessories. "Yes, and I will finally beat him in Mario Kart.", Catherine laughed and they went outside in all black and matching.

The locker room was buzzing, "Someone special is going to be here tonight.", Alicia raised an eyebrow, "Vince, maybe?", Seth shook his head, "We always know at least 2 weeks in advance if it's Vince. Maybe it's Daniel, maybe he's giving an update on Cat. I don't think she's been cleared yet, they might be talking about having her as an announcer or something the next few weeks.", Finn shook his head, "She's not told me anything.", Dean smirked, "Maybe she wants to surprise her lover boy.", Renee chuckled, "No, she would have told someone surely. She can't get here without someone seeing.", Roman smirked, "It's Cat, if she wants to sneak around she will.", Raw was starting and no one knew who the special guest was. Finn knew he was starting and everyone knew someone was bound to interrupt, the world just wasn't expecting two someone's. As soon as he left Stephanie came in and grabbed Seth, "Where we goin? Am I in trouble, I swear it was Dean.", Stephanie chuckled, "No, someone requested your presence.", she opened the door to show a dressed and ready Catherine setting up a TV for RAW viewing and another tv was set up for Davina. "Oh my-", Catherine turned, "Shut up.", Seth's eyes widened and he smirked, "I'm honored to be the first to know.", she smiled as she watched the screen, "I need to sneak to the gorilla without being seen.", Stephanie nodded a whistled, a guy coming in with an empty equipment case, "I feel like Taylor Swift.", everyone chuckled and she jumped into the box, "Seth, make sure she rest her eyes ever 45 minutes. She will also need food in about an hour. I'm a busy girl tonight.", he nodded and she was rolled away.

Samoa Joe was attempting to attack Finn after the opening of Raw, "Finn is holding up but for how long?", Joe tossed Finn into a barricade and the lights went out, Catherine ran down the ramp, absolutely silent and positioned herself in front of Finn, her makeup dark, her gear a deep red, and a black belt. The lights flipped back on and everyone screamed, "It's Cat! Cat's here on Raw! She's back!", Finn was shocked as Joe backed up and Cat attacked punching the hell out of him before slamming him into the steel steps and then kicking the top step into his back. He ran off and she turned, only to be caught with a kiss. She smiled and wrapped her arms around Finn and the crowd started chanting "Catherine Balor.", she giggled and hugged him before Finn stood back, "Wait.", she raised an eyebrow and he took off, dragging her behind him. She was attacked with a giant group hug and she laughed as she was swooped into a massive hug, "Damn girl, it's good to see you.", she sighed, "It's good to be here. Now then, I have about 5 minutes before I have to go out a make an announcement. After that, I'm good to go for visiting and also if you want to play Mario Kart 8 it's in my locker room with Davina.", Alexa smiled, "Vina is here?", and she ran off with Renee. Cat pouted before shrugging and getting handed a microphone. Stephanie walked passed her and everyone was listening. What was going to happen?

Raw opened after the commercial with Stephanie in the ring, "Moments ago, you all got the surprise of your life. Catherine Michaels has joined Raw just weeks away from Survivor Series where Raw and SmackDown will meet face to face. So, I thought that it'd be great for Raw and the 12 women match if Raw was headed by someone we all know and love, is a veteran, and has fought harder than any women in history. Catherine Michaels is the leader of Team Raw.", Catherine's music filled the air and she walked out with a smile and clapping hands before sliding into the ring. She stood and the crowd was so loud, "Damn, it's good to be back. Not only in the ring, it's good to be back in front of my fans, on the road, with my friends, my amazing boyfriend, my best friends, and on Raw. Don't get me wrong, I loved being on Smackdown. I wouldn't ever talk bad about SmackDown, both brands bring money into the company and in turn back out into the world with jobs and also into different charities and non-profit organizations which is a win to me. Both shows have pros and cons, the pros to Raw are simple. My loving boyfriend, who I love dearly and has been with me through the year during my heartbreak and the last 3 months of rehabbing my ankle that has been broken and sprained a few times over the years is here, Alexa Bliss who is the goddess of the WWE is here and  my best friend, my brothers Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns are here, one of my nearest and dearest who has been with me through a lot of crazy things Alicia Fox is here. Oh and I'm here. Our cons, well, I can't really think of any. I hate putting down my coworkers. Pros to Smackdown well they have Randy Orton and Aj Styles, my two best friends and two of my brothers, Charlotte Flair she is extremely talents, Nattie is as well, Lana is very beautiful and with some time, effort, and work she'll be a good addition to the roaster, Daniel Bryan is an amazing GM. Their cons, I'm not there. It isn't for me that this is a con. It's about you, you guys are graced with Renee and Corey two nights a week, you deserve to be graced by me as well but for those of you who don't know I have a daughter, her name is Davina. She's actually in the back heading a tournament on her Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart 8. It's very entertaining getting her, Seth, Xavier, and Aj together.", she smiled, "Also, a big thank you to my family, both roasters, my friends, and all of you for the good vibes, prayers, support, gifts, and sweet things I was given over the crazy year and 3 months. I honestly didn't deserve it all, it was so overwhelming. You guys don't even understand, well actually you might. I'm sure some of you are athletes yourselves or someone you're close to is. I spent 3 months just watching everyone doing what I love to do. Sometimes it sucked and other days it was my biggest motivator but it's like everyone knew when one of my bad days where because the amount of love and support increased by so much. So thank you, I wouldn't be here if not for you. Now then, on to business matters. In 5 weeks, we will be in Houston, Texas, my hometown, and we will be face to face with the Smackdown Roster. I have been asked to head the women's team for the 12 person match. Well, I'm here to tell you I won't pick you simply because you're a friend. I have spots to fill and two are for sure. One of them is a woman like I have never met, she is a true inspiration to not only all of you but to me, she is Nia Jax. The next is someone who has been around for a few years, she's experienced and she's someone I need on my team, Alicia Fox.", she had to stop herself from saying it like Noam says it, and she was sad that she hadn't got to say hello to him
earlier. "I know that I have 3 more spots to fill. Alexa isn't available and everyone else has to impress me, and I know who person who has impressed me since she graced our screens not to long ago. Asuka, she is also part of Team Raw. That means there are two open spots and there are two open spots and four women to pick from. Mickie James, Dana Brooke, Bayley, and Sasha Banks. So, they will have to impress me to make it onto my team. I might not hate SmackDown but I do hate to lose.", Mickie walked out, "Excuse me? You want me to impress you? You haven't been in the ring in a match in 3 months!", Dana came out, "Yeah, why do you get to be captain? Is it because of who your father is?", Mickie and Catherine turned to look at the blonde girl before they both kicked her and slammed her down onto the mat. "Respect your veterans. Has she even had a successful singles match in her time here?", at that moment everyone could tell that in her eyes, Catherine didn't mean the words. She wanted to hug the young girl and give her a break, but breaks weren't given they were earned. Even after everything she had been through.