38: Troubles Arise

It was Monday after the Rumble and Catherine knew that the girls were upset with the articles. Ronda Rousey was everywhere with very little talk of the historic match. Catherine sighed as she got ready for the day and Finn looked at her. "How long have you been part of the advising team for the Women's locker room?", she turned and looked at her husband. "I've been an official advisor for 5 years now. But if I didn't like how something was going before then, I went out and did what I deemed fit.", Finn nodded and she sighed as she got pings from Twitter and Instagram. "I didn't want this to happen, ya know.", Finn nodded as she got onto the bed in her jeans and her sweater, Finn holding her. "I didn't want a UFC legend to come here and become a WWE one. I wanted her to climb up, like everyone else had to. I was ignored. Stephanie has to act like she doesn't like her due to what happened at Mania a few years ago. I now have a storyline with her. I don't mind. She needs to know that just because she was big then, doesn't mean she'll be big now. I won't let her win. Creative knows that. I've already been told that our matches aren't scripted. I'll best her for as long and as hard as I can whenever I get the chance.", Finn looked at her, "Is that why you eliminated Nikki?", Catherine licked her lips, "John Cena and Nikki Bella are my friends, but there comes a time when you get tired of people getting things handed to them just because of their time in the ring. The fans don't love John as much as the writers and creative think they do. Nor do they love Nikki that much anymore. I've always been closer to Brie and Daniel anyways. We think more the same than John and Nikki. I love Nikki like she was my own sister, which is why a part of me will never truly like John as I once did. He's done nothing but bring her heartache and pain. I understand him wanting to protect himself from the pain of separating, but the way he acts and treats her sometimes is enough to have any woman walk away.", she tilted her head and it rested on Finn's shoulder. "He's going to get cold feet and Brie, Kathy, and I are going to be the ones to pick her up. He's done this before, ended it with her. She came and stayed with me when it happened. Then he decided he didn't actually want to break up with her, so we helped her move back in.", she sighed, "Sometimes I think he's only with her because it makes him look good.", her phone pinged, "I love you, I will be back in 20. I have a meeting with Hunter and Vince.", he nodded and she smiled as they kissed. She walked out and went to the conference room in the hotel.

Hunter looked at Catherine, she was definitely distracted by something. The meeting was over but she stayed after she hugged Vince goodbye and assured him that her and Finn were fine. Hunter looked at her and tilted his head and she swallowed. "I have had to do it before, ya know? Pick her up when John decided he didn't want to be with her anymore.", she rolled her lips and brought her legs up into her chair and rested her chin on them. She swallowed again, "This time though, if he backs out, she will be shattered.", she wiped her eyes and sniffed, "I've been there. I've been shattered.", Hunter had sent Brie a text and she snuck in, "I don't want Nikki to feel that pain, but I can't make her not feel it.", Brie sat down and the two girls hugged. "I want to protect her and I can't. I know it isn't my job but I really don't want her to be shattered like I was. I nearly killed myself with alcohol and I closed myself out, from everyone. You guys know that. I don't want her to even have to go through that.", she sighed and shook her head. "I know John and I are friends, but Nikki is like my sister. She's been with me through so much and I can't, I won't let her go through anything alone. I know she won't but I don't want her to go through that and I don't trust that John won't make her.", Hunter gave her a soft smile and Catherine sighed. "Alright, well, my husband is waiting for me.", she smiled and the two smiled at her, "I'll catch ya'll later.", she winked and disappeared. Hunter and Brie glancing at each other, "She's really worried about your sister.", Brie nodded, "I know. And it doesn't help that she doesn't actually know that John has been second guessing the wedding.", Hunter sighed, "If your sister calls her crying, no-one is going to be able to save John, you do know that right?", Brie nodded, "We've all talked about it and with John being on Raw, there's no telling what's going to happen.", they sighed, "I'll talk to Corey, Renee, Seth, and Finn. If something does happen they might be the only ones capable of saving John's life.", Brie sighed, "That might not matter. Catherine is very protective. Which is why she always ran down to help Nikki when I was gone, or Aj, or me, or any of the guys. She cares and loves with all her heart and that's one thing that makes us worry about her.", Hunter nodded and the two sighed. If Catherine ever found out John had talked to Nikki about calling of the wedding, John Cena wouldn't be able to wrestle for awhile.

Catherine laid with Finn as he held her and she sat quietly. Finn kissed her forehead, "Everything is going to be fine, Cat. If something happens, we will help her.", she glanced at him, "I know. But she's held onto him for so long, the pain will run deep. It is a pain that I have felt and I do not wish it upon anyone. No matter what they have done to me and my loved ones.", she swallowed and turned, holding him and resting her forehead against his. They shared a soft kiss and she softly smiled, "Come on, we've got to go to RAW.", she stood up and grabbed her black luggage that held her gear, boots, and her preferred makeup products. She smiled softly and they left their room to go to the arena. Finn looked at her as she drove, " Love, why do you take their situations so to heart?", she sighed, "The Bellas, Nattie, and Renee have been my friends for so long that they're more like sisters. The same with Alexa and Charlotte. They have held my hand, rubbed by back, and laid with me through so many things. Maryse too. I love them all like sisters. I have their backs like they have mine.", he nodded and she softly smiled. She swallowed and glanced down. She glanced at her purse by Finn's feet and shook her head. It would be better if he didn't know yet. She turned the car into the parking lot and the couple entered the arena.