27: Time Flies

Catherine was tired, between interviews, commentary, and beating up Bray and preventing herself from being beat up. She was glad when they got to their hotel room. She had taken her makeup off at the arena. She had also changed into leggings and a WWE ugly Christmas sweater, Finn's of course. She jumped on the bed in the room and gave a smile. "Oh, I've never been so happy to see a bed.", Finn laughed and got into the bed with her he laid on his stomach and she smiled, rolling over and laying on his bed. "Love, come on. I'm sweaty.", she shrugged and wrapped her arms across his chest and kissed his neck, sighing and closing her eyes. "Babe, I need to shower.", she pouted, "But I just want to lay here.", she didn't know Finn was live on Instagram, "Babe, come on.", she shook her head and squeezed, "Nope. I just want to cuddle with my handsome, kind, loving, fiance and watch cartoons.", Finn chuckled, "Babe, come on. I'll cuddle after my shower.", she blew a raspberry, "Babe, I don't want to move.", Finn sighed and rolled over. She squeaked and Finn laughed, "Cat.", she peeked over his shoulder, "Fergel.", he shook his head and stood up, and her legs wrapped around his waist. "You're going into the bathroom with me.", she shrugged and kissed his cheek. "I don't mind. I'm sure Instagram doesn't either.", Finn laughed and she smiled, "Alright, go shower and I'll find a movie or set up a game.", Finn smiled at her and she kissed him again. "I love you.", he kissed her, "I love you too.", she jumped from his back and went into the living room area of the hotel and smiled, she opened the black case that held their different game systems, she pouted. Would Finn want to play the Xbox One, the PS4, or the Nintendo Switch? She plugged in the PS4 and got out their controllers before getting out Call of Duty, WWE 2k18, Crash, and Injustice. She walked over to the desk and ordered some food and drinks. She grabbed her phone from the bed side table. Everyone was wondering why they weren't going out to celebrate their engagement and she gave a simple reply, she just wanted alone time with her man.She had ordered pizza and sweet tea for herself and she had gotten a beer for Finn to drink. She even got some wine as well. She didn't need a fancy restaurant or a crazy nightclub to celebrate in, she just needed him. She sat back and looked out the window. Finn walked in and sat by her, "Isn't it strange? A year ago today, I was discussing my future with Dolph Ziggler. Now we are 5 months away from my one year anniversary of my first marriage and I'm not even married to him. I'm engaged to you and we have a 9 year old daughter.", she swallowed and tears filled her eyes. "Time flies and things are ever changing. I don't want us to be one of those things. I don't want us to change.", Finn smiled at her and gave her a kiss, "And we never will. I love you, Catherine, and I only ever will love you.", she smiled and there was a knock on the door. She stood up and opened the door, getting their food as Finn powered up the tv and the game system, he put in Injustice 2.

Dolph sat in his hotel room staring at the post. She was engaged. He wiped his tears away and a knock sounded on the door, he stood up and smiled at the woman that had delivered his whiskey. She left and Dolph went to the living room. Nattie had gotten the text from Catherine, she knew Dolph wouldn't be okay after this was announced. Nattie stood outside his room and knocked. Dolph went to the door and Nattie frowned, "Dolph.", he shook his head, "Don't, Nattie, just don't.", Nattie walked in and grabbed the alcohol, "Catherine knew you'd do this.", Dolph turned, "Catherine?", Nattie nodded, "Yeah, she sent me. Said you'd be upset and that we should prevent you from doing anything stupid so, she sent me to make sure you don't drink yourself to death and she is sending you a roommate that is going to watch you. She knows you two don't really get along but she's hoping he will help you keep it together.", Dolph nodded and Nattie left with the whiskey as Bobby Roode walked in. Dolph looked at Bobby, "None of my exes would have done this. She still cares man." Dolph looked at Bobby, "That's the thing about Cat, she cares about everyone. Even when the wrong her, like I did.", Bobby nodded, "Cat seems like a good person. I only met her at Survivor Series but she prayed with all of us. She even gave us all a pep talk, pulled me aside to tell me not to be so nervous. She's kind, pretty, and she will help anyone in a yeah she can.", Dolph nodded, "Sounds like Cat.  She likes to pray before every match and she wants everyone to be sure and confident of themselves.", Bobby nodded, "Finn is a lucky guy, I don't think I've ever seen anyone look at someone the way Cat looks at him, and the other way around. They both look at that little girl that way. They're all going to be a beautiful little family.", Dolph sighed, "She was the best thing that has ever happened to me and I ruined it.", Bobby spoke up, "Something tells me Catherine would have a comment for that. Something like, Don't say that. I'm not the best thing that's ever happened to you, you're being too dramatic.", Dolph chuckled, "Maybe not exactly like that but close. She'd bring up that all of this was a part of God's plan and we need to trust that and have faith. God is sending someone my way that completes me. She'd tell me to not bury myself in my problems and fears and to own up to my mistakes but not let them hold me back.", Bobby softly smiled, "She still cares for you and she didn't do this to hurt you. Cat doesn't seem like the person to do something just to hurt someone. Honestly, she doesn't seem like the person to hurt anyone.", Dolph nodded, "She isn't. Despite how badass and ready to fight she is in the ring and on screen, off screen she isn't like that at all. She is the one that makes all the drama disappear in the locker rooms, male and female. She hates hostility and if you want proof, watch Total Divas. She is in every season at least 20 times, then they added her last season and then her life erupted into hell, my fault. She is coming back this season though. Nattie told me. I, I nearly ruined her.", and Dolph teared up, Bobby sighed and patted his shoulder. He wasn't one hundred percent sure on what happened but it was bad and he knew Catherine wasn't well for a long time. "She got through this, and so will you. She's not mad at you, she's batter now. She's happy. That's what she wants for you. She wants the same with you. She doesn't want you mad or hurt because of her.", Dolph nodded and Bobby smiled, "So, do you want to watch a movie?", Dolph nodded and Bobby put in a Marvel movie and they sat in silence.