Chapter 12: A Quiet Confrontation

Cat laughed and joked around backstage with the entire Smackdown roster. It seemed like she was back to herself. She was pranking people and causing mischief. She didn't raise her voice toward anyone and she was all smiles. Shane walked over to her as she conversed with Randy, Aj, Nattie, and Noam Dar. "Evening Shane.", he smiled at her and looked at Nattie, "Cat, how about an in-ring appearance. A match.", she farrowed her eyebrows, "What?", Nattie smiled, "There's a women's tag match tonight and I need a partner.", Cat glanced down, "Do you all really think it wise? I mean. I still have a few things to do before I decide if I wish to stay here or go back to Raw. What if I guess announce the night instead?", Shane raised and eyebrow, "Well, I suppose you're right. Fine. You can be a guest commentary member. Go get dolled up, the night starts soon.", she nodded and walked away. Going into makeup and letting them do natural curls, natural makeup, and a set of press on nails. She stood and looked at her outfit. Black skinny jeans, a Conner's Cure special t-shirt, and sneakers. She looked at the hair lady, "Can we put my hair into a high ponytail tail with a few strands framing my face?", She nodded and it was quickly done. Cat smiled and put her phone on silent, going to the gorilla.

Her music filled the arena with 90 seconds to showtime and she walked down the ramp quickly with a smile and high fives, she rolled into the ring and a mic was handed to her, "I hope you all don't mind but I am going to be a guest member at the commentary table tonight.", the crowd cheered and Cat smiled before climbing between the ropes, standing on the apron. She did a little front flip and landed in front of Tom, Brayon, and Corey with a smile, Corey getting the other comfy chair pulled around for her. She took and seat and the four began a conversation until Tom looked at them and signalled it was time to get ready. "Smackdown Live is going to be crazy tonight, filled with surprises and one of them is at this table.", she smiled, "Good evening everybody and thank you for tuning in to Smackdown Live.", the camera paned to Catherine and she smiled and waved, the crowd cheering again. Catherine smiled and looked around, "They love you!", she giggled, "Not nearly as much as I love them.", Corey smiled at her, and they went to speak when Dolph Ziggler's theme filled the air. Catherine sat still and Corey glanced at her, "You know about this?", she shook her head, "Nope, I just didn't want to be stuck backstage.", he nodded and they watched, the crowd booing but for once the all to common chants of Catherine didn't fill the air. Dolph rolled into the ring and was handed a microphone, "Last week, the Little Cat spoke to you all. She apologized for things I caused to not only her but to me.", Catherine tilted her head in confusion, "This week, I come to apologize for what I have done to you guys, to her, and to myself. Ya see, I made a promise, a vow, to always love and protect Catherine. To always stand by her side and support her. I broke my promise to her. By breaking that promise, I broke her heart and her spirit. I took her from herself, her friends, her family, and from you all.", Catherine looked at him, "For everything, I apologize. I have no excuse for what I did. It was wrong of me. I can never take back what I did to her and to you guys. I wish I could, because I royally messed up.", he bit his bottom lip and Catherine noticed the tears, "I messed up and lost the best thing that has ever happened to me. And it would be wrong of me, selfish of me, to ask you to take me back after everything I have caused.", Catherine glanced down as a tear fell, she quickly wiped it away, "But what I can ask of you, is to live life, Cat. Don't put it on hold. Be the Lioness that we know you are. That I know you are.", she glanced down and played with her hands before looking up, noticing the tears in his eyes, "Cat, don't hide away, don't stop taking risks. Because of you do, you won't be the Cat that we all know and love.", Corey placed a hand on hers, she nodded and removed the headset, standing up and walking toward the ring. She jumped onto the apron and went between the top and middle rope, standing in front of Dolph Ziggler, the man she once loved. She took the microphone from his hands, and everyone was expected her to blow up and scream but she didn't. "Some part of me will always think about what you did, the promises you broke. Some part of me will also always love you. You're right Dolph, you can't ask me to take you back because we had our chance. It didn't work out. But that doesn't mean that we can't be civil, friends even. I can't promise that I will ever fully trust you, but in this company, you can't fully trust anyone. I mean, Nia Jax turned on Alexa Bliss. Nikki Bella turned on her own sister. Hell, even my Dad turned on his best friend. Seth turned on Dean and Roman, now Seth and Dean are Raw's tag team champions. But, those relationships will never really be the same because one will always question and be on guard for the backstab.", Catherine glanced down and tucked a pick of hair behind her ear, "I am willing to put all of this drama and heartbreak behind us, but only has friends. Nothing else.", Dolph nodded and glanced down, tears dripping down his face, she softly smiled and sat down the microphone before wiping his tears away, "It's okay. It's going to be okay.", she hugged him as he cried and he wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. "Cat, you really were the best thing that has happened to me.", she frowned, "Don't say that, Dolph. There will be some other girl that will come steal your breath away and your heart. I want you to swear that you won't do her like you did me.", he nodded and she closed her eyes as she held him a bit longer, "Okay, go to the back and calm down, alright. We have a show to continue.", Dolph nodded and let go of her, he walked around her and sat on the middle rope, holding up the top rope. She smiled at him and climbed through, he moved through quickly and was on the ground, he held a hand out for her and she took it, jumping from the apron and the two went their separate ways, one to the back and the other to the table.

Finn was allowed to watch the segment, Stephanie walking forward, "Cat, she loves and forgives everybody. She'll forgive you as well. The question is, will you win her back or will you let her go?", Finn glanced down, playing with his jacket. "I'm not sure.", Stephanie placed a hand on his shoulder and sighed, "You only have a few days to decide, Finn Balor. She will be with us Sunday.", he nodded and sighed, "I have a match to prepare for.", Stephanie let him walk away and she shook her head. If Finn Balor isn't careful, a certain Scottish Cruiserweight might just sweep her off her feet.