Chapter 25: Graduation

Selena's POV;

Graduation.

Jesus, I am not ready to be an adult. I can barely make macroni and cheese without burning my house down, so how am I gonna be able to live on my own?

"You're thinking too much, stop it. Besides, after graduation is prom, so you get to let loose afterwards. Now turn around so I can fix your dress." Mom instructed, I obeyed and turned around.

"Well, was it easy for you to start being an adult? Didn't think so." I sang, walking over to my body mirror once she was done adjusting.

"You have a whole summer to plan out everything, and also college. Even if you don't have an apartment by the time college for you is over, the front door is always open." She reassured me, giving me a toothy grin.

"I know, thanks for helping me with my dress." I thanked her, adding some last touches to my makeup. I wasn't going all fancy today, but fancy enough. I'm surely gonna go full out on the fancy part tomorrow, which is prom.

"Stop thanking me and get on your heels, you have to be there extra early for the practice ceremony!" Mom reminded me.

I slipped on my white heels and shrugged on my graduation gown and grabbed my hat. I texted Ariel and told her I just left, and got into the car.

Once we arrived to the school, I never knew I could look at it in such a relieving way. I'm finally going to officially  leave this hell hole in a couple of hours.

"I'll see you soon, don't be so nervous okay? I won't try to embarrass you too much." Mom hollered before I gave her a jokingly glare.

After a couple of hours of practicing the boring ceremony, parents and family started to fill up the school. I was luckily sat next to Ariel, since her last name was Adeline.

I nervously took a sip from my water and looked around the huge gymnasium. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I smiled.

Stop looking so nervous, you look beautiful as always. I wish I was next to you. :( -Oliver x

Well sorry, I'm not good at these things. I wish you were too. :( <3 -Selena x

The principal's stern, English voice took me away from my gaze at my phone screen.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are all gathered here today to see our students and your children, graduate from Stocksbridge High School. It is a very big pleasure seeing all of you here, family member after family member. This day is a very big day to our students, because after today, they will all be at the start of adulthood." He smiled a toothy grin while everybody applauded.

"Okay, so to start off this marvelous night here at Stocksbridge, I give you some of our honour roll students speeches." Mr. Cuttinghans announced. I rolled my eyes and internally groaned.

Oh, goodie. The best part of the graduation ceremony, yeah? -Oliver x

I tried to contain my laughter as Cindy Mallsworth took the principal's spot. She then started blabbering about how much of a "pleasure" it was to be learning at this school, and how she'll never forget all of her favorite memories here.

After what seemed like a ten hour speech, she finally ended her speech with a smile that showed off all of her colorful braces.

"Now for the moment you have all been waiting for, graduation." Mr. Cuttinghans announced. He went name by name, until I was finally called.

"Selena Jaclyn Adams." He called out in a broad tone. I got out of my seat and smiled nervously as everybody clapped. I heard a couple of boys start howling my name, making me glance back. Of course, it was Oliver and Matt being their stupid selves.