Chapter 21

***READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END***

Oliver's POV;

The night was cold and the air was stiff. I opened my eyes and realized I was laying on the ground, holding a hand. I smiled, thinking it was probably Selena's delicate hand intertwined with mine.

I sighed of relief, taking in the beautiful night sky. "Beautiful, isn't it?" I asked.

"No, it's cold out here and I wanna leave." That voice was not Selena's.

The girl stood up and started walking towards the car. I stood up, confused as to why I was just laying on the ground with a girl I didn't even know.

"Who are you?" I asked, walking close to the girl. She turned around and my face fell from curious to shock.

"Not Selena." It was Jessica. Why was she here?

"Why are you here? Didn't I come with Selena?" I bombarded Jessica with questions. But all she did was smile at me deviously.

"Well, clearly I'm here. She's over there," Jessica told me, pointing over to the field.

There stood Selena, tears streaming down her face. Her eyes looked tired and she had dark circles around her eyes. Her stance was slumped and she could barely move from her spot.

"Poor girl had it coming, clearly we were made for each other." Jessica said behind me. She came up behind me and snaked her arms around my waist.

I turned around and scoffed in disgust, "Well you're clearly wrong." I stated while running into the field to get to Selena.

As I was running, she seemed to get farther and farther away from me. Sweat streamed down my face from running such a long distance. "Selena, wait! Come back, please!" I begged, but it did nothing. She just kept getting further and further.

I grew tired from running, but I refused to stop. I needed her, safely back in my arms.

I dropped to my knees and sobbed loudly, "Please, Selena. Hear me out." I muffled into my hands.

I looked up from my hands to see she wasn't there in the field anymore.

"No! This shouldn't be happening!" I shouted, hearing my voice echo through the field.

"Wake up, Oliver. Wake up." I heard a voice order me. "Wake up!" The voice got louder, but I ignored it.

I wiped my eyes and found my surroundings starting to shake. "Stop this madness!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Oliver, wake up you're frightening me!" I jolted awake, breathing heavily. Matt was holding my shoulders, his face held worry.

"What happened?" I asked confused. "You started crying a bit in your sleep, but then you started sobbing. I tried waking you up for 10 minutes but you wouldn't wake. You scared me there, mate."

"Sorry, must've dreamt on the wrong side of the bed." I told Matt, chuckling nervously.

Matt raised his eyebrow at me but shrugged it off. "Well, my head hurts like hell. I'm gonna go get some Advil, want me to get you some?" Matt offered me. I gratefully took his offer and sat on my bed holding my head in my hands.

This is bad, what I did is coming back to haunt me. I don't know if I can live in this guilt any longer.

Selena's POV;