February - Valentine's Day

Adam's POV

Nervously, I play with  the end of my sleeve on my jacket while I wait for the door to open. I  only knocked on it what must have been seconds ago but it easily feels  like hours now. Impatiently I wait for Laura to answer it, knowing she  is the only one in. Her parents are out of town, in fact, I don't think I  have sent them sine me and Laura actually started dating.

The door handle turns and there is Laura, standing there, a dressing gown wrapped around her body.

"Are you not ready yet?" I ask her, laughing as I walk into her house.

"I swear I started  getting ready earlier than what I normally do but then my parents  phoned... first time since they left for this trip mind you." She says  all in one breath while picking up towels around the house. "Anyway, I  lost track of time like I normally do. All I really need to do is get  changed. It shouldn't take me long. Fifteen minutes at top." She says.

"Why will it take you fifteen minutes to put clothes on?" I ask out of curiosity.

"You know how it is, I'm  a girl. I don't even know what I want to wear yet. You wait right here.  Get yourself a drink if you want one." She says before rushing up the  stairs towards her bedroom.

Only a minutes later does she come running back down again. "Where are we going?" She asks, still not changed.

"I'm not telling. You'll have to wait to find out."

"But I need to know whether I can wear heels. That basically decides the whole outfit."

"Heels should be fine." I sigh at her.

Before I have chance to say anything else, she has already rushed back into her room, leaving me alone in the landing.

I walk around, looking  at the photos hanging on the wall. I have seen them countless time as I  have becoming here ever since I can remember but I always like looking  at old photos. Most of them are of Laura and Kristen at old dance  recitals when they were younger. Both of them had their hair in bunches  at the side of their heads. Laura's hair was nowhere near as dark as it  now, back then her hair was more of chocolate brown compared to the  black colour it almost is now. Kristen's hair hasn't changed much, the  same fair light hair that she has now, the only difference is now it is  longer.

Most of the photos looks  somewhat like that but the two of them certainly my look very cute. It  makes me appreciate the fact that we have all remained friends for over  ten years.

"I'm ready." I hear Laura shout from the top of the stairs so I make my way towards the bottom of them.

I watch as she walks down, looking magnificent as she does so. Red is the first thing I see, the colour that pops out the most.
Her  dress, clings around her body, showing off her figure is the colour of  passion, desire and lust. It makes me aware of the blood pumping through  my body and if I look away, then I might just die.

The darkness of her  short hair, highlights the features of her place face, making her red  lips pop more and gives the appearance of her brown eyes melting.

"You look stunning." I take her hand and tell her.

"You're not so bad yourself." She tells me before planting a kiss on my lips.

The kiss starts off as  just a peck but slowly grows into something more. Hunger takes over and I  feel her hands curling my around my hair. It goes on like this for a  while before she eventually pulls away.

"Later." She winks at me and then walks towards the door. "Ready to go?" Laura asks me so I nod at her.

"Wait a minute, don't you need a jacket?" I ask once she has opened the door.