October

As soon as October arrives, the only whisper in the school hallways is that of Halloween. Everyone is beginning to plan what they are going to wear and who they are going to go as so they do not clash with anyone else. Halloween has always been one of my favourite times of the year, mainly because of the party that Laura throws every year! There is always a theme, like last year everyone had to dress up as if they were from the 60's and the year before that were horror films. This year the theme is pop stars and all I can hear as I walk up and down the hallways is who's fighting to be this boy band member or how every girl is aiming to be Beyoncé. Good luck with that.

Even though Halloween is approaching, it doesn't stop all the school work that I am getting. The work pile begins to build up and it is hard to ignore it so we decide to make a start on rehearsing our performance. The five of us, including Maddie, decide to rehearse it one weekend in the local park.  There is a spacious area hidden by some trees that are not often occupied which is the perfect rehearsal area. After about an hour of rehearsing we decide to have a break and enjoy what is probably going to be the last of the summer sun. The five of us sit in a circle on the grass, discussing what's going to happen at the party until eventually the sky begins to turn pink and the sun slowly sets in the sky. We decide that it is the right time to leave so the five of us exit the park together, only for us to go our separate ways.

Laura and I take the bus back to our estate because we both live in a completely different direction to the other three.

"He likes you," she turns and says to me when we're alone, taking me by surprise.

"Who and what are you on about?" I reply back casually even though I already had an idea in my mind. I try and push it out of my head though.

"Who do you think? I'll give you a clue, he sits with us." Laura winks at me before turning her head away from me.

"Please don't tell me it is Adam." I joke with her, knowing that it certainly will not be him.

I know the game that she is playing, it will not have been the first time that she has told me about guys who are apparently head over heels in love with me, especially because she knows how I don't want a relationship of any kind. Not my thing.

"Why don't you give him a chance? Cory is different to everyone else," I roll my eyes at her.

"I don't care if he is different, I just don't want a relationship of any kind. I never have and you know that Laura. I enjoy leading people. I just don't do emotions." I snap at her without meaning to and immediately feel bad afterwards.

Fortunately Laura knows my moods like she knows the back of her own hand so in school the next week everything is fine between the two of us. Lunch hours are filled with the five of us discussing the outfits we were going to wear for Halloween. Once we have eventually settled on the outfits Laura and I start on the decorations; glam but gross.

"I feel that this is going to be the wildest party yet!" Maddie says later on in the week, just before the weekend. I have a feeling that she is right.

It is now Friday night, and Laura, Cory and I have decided to go shopping for decorations. We might as well get some now and get as many as we can before Halloween. Laura and I meet Cory near the park so the three of us can get the bus to the city centre together.

When we get off of the bus, I notice that the clouds are beginning to become very grey, heavy with rain.

"I say we split up and meet at Starbucks in an hour?" I say to the two of them who both agree.

Walking away, I decide that one of the best places to start could be a home wear store so I head to the nearest one that I can think of. Thankfully, when I get there, there is a selection of Halloween decorations. Typical spiders and pumpkins but they will do for the gross part of the theme. Next I decide to go to a shop that does all year round Christmas decorations, looking for sparkles that could bring out the glam.