July (Part One)

"Seriously Kristen? You're planning on going out shopping?"My mum asks me the second Saturday into July.

"Yes shopping, I'm not planning on going sky diving, just shopping. I don't know why you're over reacting." I tell her.

"You're just so close to your due date. I hate the thought of anything happening away from home. Even walking for a few hours could induce labour."

"Isn't that when you walk miles and miles? Anyway my due date isn't for another couple of weeks yet. Plenty of pregnant women go shopping a few weeks before their due date and are fine. Besides, I'll be sat down most of the time. I just need to get out this house." I try explaining to my mum though she doesn't seem to be listening to me. She has gone and sat down on the sofa with her arms crossed, looking down at the floor.

"Why don't you invite your friends here?" she asks me and I look at her in disbelief.

"Because that is what I have done every day this week. I'm sick of them being here and they are probably sick of coming here. All I want to do is get out of the house for a few hours. It will do me some good." I look at my mum hoping that I have persuaded her. Instead she just shakes her head at me.

"You're going to go anyway, no matter what I say?" I nod my head at her. "And you'll only be out a few hours?"

"Yes. Trust me I probably won't want to be out that long anyway." I see her contemplating everything.

"And if anything does happen you'll give me a call?" I tell that I will do. "Alright then but just make sure you're careful." I look at her and hold back a laugh. I think to myself that it's a bit lat for that.

I make my way to my bedroom so I can start getting ready to go out. I hear the shower running which must mean that Cory is up and getting ready himself. For a moment I contemplate going in the shower after him but then I think about how long it will take me to get ready then. It will be the first time this week that I have actually got changed and not just lounged about in my pyjamas. It's a shame that I can't wear them to go out in, they're my comfiest clothes at the moment.

I try and make some effort with my appearance, something I haven't really done all week. I brush my hair and tie it up into a pony tail on the top of my head and add some small touches of makeup. It is the first time I have felt decent in a while.

"Morning." I hear Cory say from behind me. He looks to be dressed already which means we can go out soon. "Don't tell me you've brushed your hair today?" he asks sarcastically when he realises that I am actually out of my pyjamas.

"Yes I have because we are going out." I tell him.

"We are?"

"Yes, I thought we could go shopping with the others. I really need to get out of the house. I feel like I am going mad trapped in here."

"That sounds good with me just as long as we don't have to go clothes shopping or anything." He jokes.

"Trust me; I don't think I have the effort to do that unless it is online." I joke back.

I text the others about where we should meet (the outing was all Laura's idea) and then set off, aiming to catch the next bus. As soon as I am outside, I feel the heat of the sun on my skin and begin to wonder if I have done the right thing. It seemed so much cooler inside. I can feel sweat dripping off of my forehead already and it doesn't help that the bus stop I am at has no shelter. Without really walking anywhere, my feet begin to ache and I really wish I could sit down. Maybe I could go back home, at least that way I can sit down and be out of the sun's rays. Before I have time to think any further, the bus pulls up and I know there is no going back now.