March (Part One)

My baby bump is now visible underneath my school uniform, causing rumours to spread around the school and it doesn't help that I've stopped dancing for the time being. Every time I walk up and down a corridor, all eyes follow me, seeing if they can get a glimpse of my so-called baby bump. I don't say anything to confirm or deny those rumours; instead I try and act as if this doesn't bother me. It does though because sooner rather than later, they will find out that I am pregnant and it will no longer be a rumour.

"Just ignore them." Maddie tells me one lunch time. "What does it matter to them that you are pregnant anyway? It's not like you're going to be asking them to baby sit." She tries joking with me but I'm really not in the mood.

"No, that job will most likely be going to you because you won't have any plans on a Saturday night, unlike the rest of us." I say to her. It was my attempt at a joke but it came out harsher than intended. "I'm sorry Maddie, I didn't mean that. At least you'll have Saturday nights free. In a few short months I won't."

"I know the rest of us are just counting down the days until we don't have to see you anymore." She jokes with me, giving my arm a shove and I know that everything is okay between the two of us.

"Anyway, tell me more about your mystery crush. You didn't tell me anything before because I wouldn't let you know what was going on with me and Cory but now you know." I say to Maddie, hoping to distract my mind from all the chaos that is happening.

Unfortunately for me, she is refusing to tell me anything still. "Fine, I'm just going to start guessing. Is it Jordan Lewis? Or Kieran Lockley?" I go on like this for a little while until it feels like I have mentioned every guy in our year.

"Seriously Kristen, I'm not interested in any of those guys. Can we just leave it now?" she says, close to sounding angry so I drop the subject.

The two of us make our way to our next lesson, ignoring the stares that I am getting from everyone. We walk into our performing arts classroom and begin preparing the pieces that we want to do for the exam which will be in May. I can't believe how close they are and yet I can't bring myself to think about them. I have bigger things on my mind and it doesn't help that I am nearly halfway through my pregnancy.

"Sir, can I use your computer to print something out?" I hear Skye ask which instantly makes me roll my eyes. She was the one who apparently came up with the rumour about me which is not a surprise really. It's just annoying that she is right for once.

I end up watching her on our teacher's computer rather than doing my own work. I'm finding it hard to choose a play when I really don't care about it. Rather than printing something out though, she seems to be looking for something. Skye's eyes widen at something but she then composes herself again. A few minutes later she prints her work out but instead of walking over to her table, she walks over to mine.

"What do you want?" I ask her, hoping that she goes away soon.

"Just read this." She says to me, handing me one of the papers she has just printed out. "Don't worry, you can keep that copy, I've got plenty more here." She tells me before walking off.

I look down at what she handed me and I can feel my world collapsing. It is the email that my mum sent to the teachers a few weeks ago. Somehow Skye has managed to get hold of it.

"You bitch!" I yell at her as I get up and storm towards her table. "You had no right to go and do this. You have gone too far this time!" I scream which gains the attention of the whole class.

"Kris, just try and calm down." Cory says to me which has the opposite effect.

"How can I calm down? Look what she has done!" so I show him the printed out emails. "Do you honestly expect me to be calm?"