April (Part Two)

Things between my mum and I don't go back to normal straight away but they do slowly get better. It helps that it is half term now as well because we are able to spend more time together. Well we try to but as soon as I go back to school, the exams start so am busy revising. I don't think I have ever been this busy during a school holiday and it is only going to get busier.

Cory and I make plans with Laura, Maddie and Adam to meet up and revise together so we can share notes and try and make it more fun. We meet up in a coffee house and spread our books around the table, along with pens and paper. There is little room to actually fit our drinks on but we somehow manage to make it work. Today, we focus on English Literature, rereading important chapter from Of Mice and Men, highlighting what we need to remember and what is symbolic. All I ever remember is Lenny wanting to tend to the rabbits.

After a couple of hours, all our drinks are empty so Cory and Adam volunteer to get some more for us. While they are queuing, we take a short break otherwise I think our heads will explode.

"I feel like I know this book off by heart." Maddie groans, placing her head on the table.

"Surely that's a good thing?" Laura asks and Maddie just glares at her instead of answering. 

"I have a feeling that Maddie isn't a fan of this book." I say to Laura.

"Or any book..." she grumbles under her breath.

I laugh at her because I know she has never been a fan of English Literature and feel a figure looming behind me so at first I assume that it is Cory and Adam with our drinks.

"Can we help you?" I hear Laura ask the figure that is standing behind me.

I turn around in my seat so that I am facing the person and immediately recognise the dark haired girl standing behind me.

"I am looking for Cory Stevens. I got told he might be here." She says, still looking at Laura.

"Lotte?" I ask her, even though I know that it is her.

She looks at me with a puzzled expression but then recognition flashes across her face. "Kristen? Nice to see you again." She says to me and I just smile back at her. I look around the table and see that Maddie and Laura are staring at me with a confused expression on their faces.

"Do you know her?" Laura asks me, still staring at Lotte.

"We met in London, back in January. Literally only for two minutes though. Why are you here?" I explain to the two of them and ask Lotte.

"Like I said, I'm looking for Cory. I was told he would be here." She says to me.

"He's over in the queue. Is everything alright?" I ask her wondering if something had happened to his family which is why she had to come up and visit.

"Oh everything is fine. I just wanted to visit." Lotte tells me while walking over to the queue.

I watch as she saunters over in his direction and tap him on the shoulder. Cory's face is full of surprise when he turns around and sees Lotte standing there. Almost straight away he pulls her into a hug and when they pull apart, I see him introduce her to Adam

"So who exactly is she?" Maddie asks me. I fill them in about how I met Lotte when Cory took me on a date in London and how she was one of his friends when he lived in London. "Why is she here now?" Maddie asks after I've explained.

"That's what I want to know." I tell her but keeping my voice as a whisper because they are walking back with the drinks, Adam just behind them.

"So you've met Lotte?" Cory seems to be asking Laura and Maddie who nod their heads. "Are we able to make room so she can sit down? Move some books over." He asks. We all begin to move our books it doesn't make much difference. The table is still really full with little room.