First Followup

Okay, so I have decided that I am going to do a followup and tell you guys some things about myself and why I started writing Fingerprints in the first place.

First of all my name is Bethany and I'm 18, from the UK in case you didn't realise. I don't really write novels, instead I like to write lyrics. I think this is because I don't have to be as committed to writing a three minute song as I do to a novel. That doesn't mean I haven't tried in the past though. A couple of years ago now, I wrote fanfiction based off The Hunger Games on paper. It was about 50 sides of A4 long and I had only really gotten into the main part of it but then I stopped, probably because of writers block or something just got in the way. Now it's lost somewhere, I think I threw it in the bin, oops! Up until now, that was the longest story I had ever written.

Now I am so proud to say that Fingerprints is the longest story I have written and by far my favourite. Currently it is over 20,000 words long and around 52 word pages. I never thought that I would get this far with this story and I am so pleased I have.

I actually first started publishing this story on Wattpad about April/ May 2015 and I got a couple of chapters into it before I stopped writing it. This was probably due to having exams at the same time and then generally just losing interest over the summer. I think it was around September time when I got another couple of chapters published but again I left it. It has been since I got involved with the the1989chronicles  (which you need to check out!!) that I have been writing more again and have been able to publish more regular updates. It has certainly got me back into writing this novel which I am so thankful for

Now as to why I started writing the novel! I've had this story in my head since I was 11/12 years old. These characters and this story has been in my head all that time and last year I thought it was a good idea to start writing it down. What it is actually funny is the fact that I am writing about these 16 year old characters but in my head there story has grown while I have grown so these characters are more like 22 years old now and I know so much more about them and their story. I honestly feel like I know these characters as friends which I hope isn't weird but I also hope you get to know and love these characters too!

If you're wondering why I named the story Fingerprints well I'm about to tell you. As I mentioned above, I've had this story in my head for years but for a while it never had a title. That was until I heard the Katy Perry song 'Fingerprints'. Any idea where I got it from yet? Anyway, I thought the song represented the attitude that Kristen Mason has and it fits perfectly with who she is. Please go and listen to it if you haven't, it's from her first album One of the Boys.

I'm hoping to be able to post chapter nine later this weekend but I might not have time due to exams which is one of the reason I am doing this. Don't worry though because I'm ahead in planning so once my exams have finished and I come back from holiday in a couple o weeks, my main focus will be writing so I'll definitely be able to get a few chapters up then.

One last thing, I'm curious about who you picture as the characters. Please tell me who you imagine by leaving a comment!

Please if you have my questions about me you want to know or about the story, just leave them in a comment and the next time I do a followup, I'll answer them then!
Until then please keep reading Fingerprints, voting for if and leaving comments. It means so much to me everything I see a new vote or comment .