January (Part Two)

"You nearly ready Kris?" Cory asks me from the bedroom of our hotel room.

Staring into the reflection of the mirror, I look down at my body. Simply by looking at me, you wouldn't know that I was pregnant unless you know my body like I do. I can tell that my breasts are larger than what they normally are, sorer too and already there is a small bump forming. I run my fingers down my tiny bump before quickly pulling a dress over my head.

"Nearly done now, I won't be a moment." I shout back to him.

I add the finishing touches to my make up and take a look at myself in the mirror, ignoring the baby bump which now has my attention. I feel the best that I have done in a while with my hair down, rather than just being thrown into a bun on the top of my head. I've curled it slightly at the end so I have small, blonde ringlets which look nice. I have a simple dress on with tights but it looks nice still and my makeup isn't too heavy. I am going to enjoy tonight.

I step out of the bathroom to see that Cory is ready too.

"Wow. You look amazing!" he says as soon as he sees me.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself." I reply back to him. He's only wearing a jumper and a pair of jeans but they do look nice. "So are we going out then?" I ask him as he is just stood there staring at me.

"Yeah of course." He says, sounding flustered. "Might as well get going now because I made reservations at the place." he tells me, taking my hand and leading me out of our hotel room.

"Next question. Where are we going?"

"It's a restaurant I used to go to with my friends and parents when I used to live down here. We can get the tube down. It will only take us about five minutes that way." Cory tells me.

We reach the underground in only a matter of minutes to find it heaving with people. Without realising what he is doing, Cory's pace picks up as he starts weaving in out of people, making his way onto the platform that we want. I practically have to jog to keep up with him.

"Can you slow down for a minute?" I ask him when I finally catch up causing him to look behind and see that I wasn't always by his side. 

"Sorry. You get use to walking fast down here. I guess old habits are hard to break." I just shake my head in his direction and laugh and grab his hand. He's not getting away this time.

The two of us hop onto the tube but I am surprised that we only stay on it for a matter of minutes. When we get off, I take hold of Cory's hand and let him lead me to the restaurant.

"Here we are." He says, standing outside of a restaurant with bright lights shining.

There are tables outside which are empty but inside, the place is bustling with people. Up against the windows are booths which all seem to be occupied with families with children. There is a bar at the back of the room with the bar stools full of people and off to the side of the room is a bunch of arcade styled games. It seems like a nice place.

"Table for two?" The waiter asks us when we step through the door.

"I made a reservation for two. Should be under the name Stevens." Cory tells the waiter who then looks through the reservation book.

"Right this way then." He says, leading us to a table in the middle of the restaurant.

I sit down in my seat, opposite Cory and begin flicking through the menu.

"I have a question to ask. It's one I've been dying to ask for ages now." Cory blurts while I am in the middle of reading the menu. "Why is Maddie called Madison Square? That's a little cruel don't you think?" he asks which makes me laugh.