December - Christmas

Cory's POV.

Looking out of my bedroom window, I watch as the snow falls to the ground. Everything outside looks like the perfect picture of Christmas, with the snowman that Missy built earlier this morning slowly melting and her snow angels being filled in once again. I wish I could go out there and enjoy it, with nothing else on my mind but the up and coming Christmas. That just isn't the case this year.

Missy comes racing into my room and begins bouncing on my bed. "What are you doing?" I ask the very hyper three years old who has chocolate smothered around her face.

"Playing." She looks as if I am an idiot. I can hear mumbling coming from outside but I can't make out the voices due to my sister running around the room.

"Come here," I scoop her up into my arms and fling her over my shoulder so that her head is against my back. Something about that makes her laugh which in return makes me laugh. I carry her to her bedroom and while doing so I hear the doorbell ring. The door opens so I guess my mum has gone to open it. Knowing her, she has probably been stood right next to the door for about ten minutes.

"Is that your girlfriend?" Missy asks while smiling at me.

"Shut up and wash the chocolate off of your face otherwise Santa won't come." I fling her down onto her own bed where she then sits down and crosses her arms at me. I walk away, leaving her be and head back towards my own room to get my phone before going downstairs.

Just as I grab my phone, I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I hear my mum go back downstairs so I walk out of my room.

"Hey, how are you both?" I ask Kristen and her mum who are stood on the landing, peering into the spare bedroom.

"Well we are alright other than the fact we don't know how we're both going to fit in here. Not that we don't appreciate it though." Kristen adds in quickly at the end.

"Yeah I can see how that may be a problem. Well there's room in my room for one other person." Why did I just say that, her mother is standing right in front of me?

"Oh I don't know." Kristen replies, her cheeks turning red, making her look paler than what she already is. 

Luckily for us, her mother says that she can spend the night in my room. I guess she doesn't really have to be worried as I have already gotten her daughter pregnant.

Kristen hesitantly walks into my room which in fairness isn't that big, only just bigger than the spare bedroom. She plops her bag down on the floor besides my bed and sits down. I sit down next to her and place my arm around her shoulder. She rests her head into the crook of my neck. Running my fingers through her blonde hair, I realise that it is soaking through.

"Your hair is wet." I tell which she probably knew.

"It is snowing outside, you genius." She rolls her eyes at me and I can't help but fall for her more.

"Do you want to go downstairs?" I ask her.

"Sure." is all she says in return. I grab her hand and lead her downstairs.

When we get downstairs, I look over at the clock to see that it is nearly half past seven already. Less than five hours until it is Christmas. My parents are standing in the kitchen along with Kristen's mother, talking idly and making some drinks.

"Do you two want anything to drink?" my mum asks Kristen and me.

"Can I have a hot chocolate?" I ask her. It seems fitting with it being Christmas and all.