Chapter XXII

---
You Don't Understand
---

"I think I'm in love with you, Hinata."

"..."

"I'm being serious, not joking."

"..."

"I love you."

He looked up. Hinata looked at him. Her face was blank, but her eyes were wide. Naruto was laughing quietly and uneasily. He scratched the back of his head.

Hinata mumbled, "Are you serious?"

Naruto shook his head solidly once, anticipating her reaction.

A tear tumbled gracefully down her cheek. A smile filled her face and she buried her face in his shoulder, clutching his shirt. Naruto wrapped his arms around her, resting his cheek in her dark purple/black hair.

Hinata looked up at him, her eyes twinkling with tears of happiness and sang, "I've been in love with you, Naruto-kun... all this... time..."

Naruto smiled and leaned down and softly took a hold of her lips. Hinata moved her hands up to his neck. Naruto smiled in between the kiss, and whispered, "Thank you."

---

Ino smiled leaning into him. Shikamaru held her and they both just sat with in other in silence.

They decided that their relationship would stay "between them." And only in the tree house or when their alone. Shikamaru said he would stay with Temari for a few more days, then dump her, so he wouldn't arise any suspicion.

Ino was happy with that idea, and Shikamaru just thought that being in love was troublesome.

Shikamaru hugged her tightly and kissed her neck, "Ino, you're such an oblivious idiot."

Ino smiled and giggled.

He continued, "But... I love you for that."

---

Sasuke stared at her. He tried to read her face, but he couldn't find anything. She was just smiling. He sighed and covered her whole face with his one hand, "Shut up."

Sakura laughed and pushed his hand off. She sat up and sat in between his legs and leaned on him. She giggled when she saw him blush, "But, it's true!"

He made a gun with his fingers and pretended to shoot her. He mumbled, "It's because you're kind of setting me up!"

She looked up at him, backwards and smiled, "I can't help it, you're too cute, Sasuke-kun!" she reached up and pinched his cheeks.

He sighed and put his hands over hers, holding them lightly. Sakura let her hands fall, and he followed it. She repositioned herself so she was facing him.

She dropped her head so it was on his chest and didn't say anything. Sasuke let go of her hands and put both on her head. He sighed, "Sakura Haruno, queen of the awkward moments."

She looked up, smiling, "And what are you, Sasuke Uchiha of the angsty?"

Sasuke rolled his eyes and snorted.

Sakura suddenly kissed his cheek, "I like it that way though, Sasuke-kun!"

He turned beat red. He leaned in closer to her lips, shaking, unsure. Sakura confirmed it.