Chapter XIV

Akurousagi
ImRizSoDealWithIt
stupidCRAZYconfused

---
Question and Listen
---

"Motorcycles go pretty fast."

"Duh, Sakura."

"So does life."

"Where are you going with this?"

"Live your life as best as possible, so when you die you'll be happy."

Ino felt pieces of her heart chipping off. She tried to find a way around them, but they just totally ignored her and blocked the whole damn stairway.

She cleared her throat, as a way to separate them, but they pretended not to hear.

Then a low, scary voice from behind her called, "Move out of my way."

Ino jumped and stepped aside. Temari and Shikamaru separated and Temari put a hand on her hip, "What do you want?" she wasn't looking at Ino.

A boy with violent red hair, Gaara, snorted, "I want to get to my room." He, in a rough manner, pushed Ino up the stairs past Shikamaru and Temari.

Temari stroked Shikamaru cheeks and whispered, "It's just my antisocial brother." Shikamaru nodded, but secretly looked past her and watched Ino climb up the stairs alongside Gaara.

---

Once they reached the top, Ino turned to him and bowed her head slightly, "Thank you."

Gaara nodded, "Yeah, follow me." She raised a brow, but she followed.

He started to walk towards an apartment door, she assumed it was his, and went in. Hesitantly she followed. When she walked in she saw a boy with messy brown hair and weird make up.

He saw her and licked his lips, "Hey Gaara, you brought a friend? Care to share...? I got some new toys in my room I wanna try out..." he started to reach for Ino.

Ino froze and began to think. Was this a set up? What am I doing here? I don't even know him!

"Leave her alone, Kankuro." Gaara said, from the corner of the room. Roughly, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a room.

Ino pulled away from him, scared, and whispered, "Why did I have to follow you?"

Gaara sat on his bed and mumbled, "My friend said I needed to start talking to people."

"So you decided to take some random girl to talk to? And then bring her to your house where she was almost raped?" Wow, this is a shitty Saturday.

He looked away, "Hn."

Ino just stayed across the room from him and stared. "So are we gonna talk or not?"

He looked up surprised for a second.

She slowly began to tread closer to him and eventually sat by him. He was really surprised now. Ino put her hands in her lap and looked at him. "Shall we introduce ourselves?" she held a hand out and smiled, "I'm Ino Yamanaka! Nice to meet you!"

Gaara didn't shake her head by he nodded, "Gaara. Likewise."

Ino nodded too, "So, uhm, you go to Konoha High school right?"