Chapter Two

Bakura's POV

"We should totally pair up together. You and me could join forces and overthrow the Pharaoh," the sandy blonde exclaimed, seeming to sound excited as he took off his helmet and placed it on the handle of his motorcycle. He moved some of the short strands of hair out of his face giving me the sense that this man was completely comfortable with his looks. His entire posture just screamed that he thought he was everything and so much more. He leaned on his motorcycle, which was being held up by the kickstand, having his arms crossed in front of him and smirked. The smirk appeared practiced to try and look evil or sinister but was only making him just more attractive than anything else.

This guy worried about his hair and spent so much of his time to make himself look good that there was no way he had time to do anything evil in his life. His voice proved it as it sounded like an excited corrupted child. Corrupted enough that would have parents think he just played too many video games and watched too much TV but still innocent enough where people felt they needed to watch their words so they don't end up having to explain what sex is to him.

He must be just getting into the evil business. However, I found myself enjoying having this man around.

"What would be in it for me?" I asked, purposefully taking the bait. I have been feeling rather lonely as of late, having sent Ryou to the Shadow Realm forever ago and having to contain my appearance to look that of the innocent sweet body that is Ryou Bakura. I needed someone for amusement purposes, nothing more, nothing less.

Marik held up his Millennium Rod and said, "This item here will be of no value to me once I have acquired what I need. I also contain knowledge of where some of the other Millennium Items are. We work together and I will get the remaining Millennium Items for you. Do we have a deal?"

Within those few moments of Marik talking, I suddenly realized this man could actually be smart if he wanted. This intrigued me thief even more.

He chooses to act the way he does out of spite. Very interesting indeed.

"Alright, Marik Ishtar. I accept your offer."

***

My eyes shot open as I heard pans banging from the kitchen and a familiar, "Frigin' noisy pans! I command you to stay quiet!" I rubbed my face to wake myself up and huffed in annoyance. I knew around what time it was but for shits and giggles I looked over to the digital clock on the nightstand and saw it was, indeed, one in the morning.

I grabbed a pillow and plopped it on my face. The coolness of the silk pillow casing made my sleepy eyes begin to shut again. Normally I would go out and see what Marik was doing at the wee hours of the morning but I wanted to continue the dream. I wanted to relive the memory once again and see what my mind would have cooked up to fulfill the insanity that most dreams stir up. It was the first time I hadn't had a nightmare in a long while and I wanted to soak that in and hopefully fall back asleep to have another good dream. However, my eyes shot back open when I heard more pans banging in the kitchen with more jabbering from Marik.

"Is that Marik?" Ryou's sleepy voice came from my left. I don't know why I was surprised to see Ryou. With us now being more connected to each other, if I was hearing Marik's loud ruckus then so was Ryou.

I grumbled with a lacking to want to move because my wounds have yet to heal. It made me wish the Millennium Ring had a power to heal instead of destroy so I could heal myself and end this bedridden suffering. It absolutely made me nauseous knowing I was completely helpless.