Chapter Twelve

Bakura: If only.
Me: Isn't it Marik that's the one that usually leaves when you two argue?
Bakura: No. It's me but he never does anything to stop me.
Melvin: *sitting on the couch* You two should really get into each other's pants already. Starting to drive me fucking insane.
Ryou: *sitting in Melvin's lap, curled up into him* Malik, don't be rude.
Melvin: *pouts then whines* But it isn't fun being nice.
Bakura: *rolls his eyes* Don't make me gag.
Melvin: *pulls Ryou in closer* You're just jealous, Florence!
Bakura: Of your sickeningly, unnaturally sweet, relationship? *scoffs* Please. Don't make me laugh. You two will crash and burn and I will be there to laugh at the both of you.
Me: Ok! Let's move on so the readers can get to what they came for.
Melvin: *glaring at Bakura, seeming to want his blood spilt*
Bakura: *acting like he doesn't care*
Me and Ryou: *facepalms*
~~~~~

Ryou's POV

I opened the door to my apartment and pulled out the key before I shut the door. "Marik! I'm home!" I called out.

"What are you doing?" other me spastically asked with a growl.

"Letting him know we made it home," I whispered as I took off my bag. "You know how much he hates it if we get home late. So, I am letting him know we are home about normal time."

"You are hopeless. Might as well be wearing a suit and tie with a pair of glasses and a briefcase. Aren't you the passive one in your relationship? Why are you acting like the husband?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Damn it, Ryou!" I heard Marik shout from down the hall. I looked over from where I was looking at other me's translucent figure down the darkened hall to see Marik walking down it with a yoga ball in his hands. When he reached the end of the hall he put the ball down and made sure it didn't move before putting his gaze up on me. For whatever reason he seemed to be angry, or at least upset towards me with how his face looked.

Wishing to know what I did, I asked, "Did I do something wrong?"

"Well, yeah! I planned to hit Bakura when he got home but since you are in control I would feel bad for hitting an innocent limey," Marik complained though it was much more monotoned then normal. So, it left me unsure if he was actually upset or just more disappointed with the scenario. Bakura on the other hand seemed to be livid.

"Ask him what for," he demanded me.

"What for?" I asked. "Did Bakura do something wrong?" I walked over to the couch and coffee table and set my school bag down.

"For messing up my sheets. He totally jumped on them before leaving this morning," Marik stated. I was about to turn around and tell him that was highly unlikely due to Bakura and I having been in a hurry this morning but was stopped when I heard Bakura once more.

"What the hell is in the box?" Bakura snapped. I turned around and saw the white little rectangular box and reached for it without even thinking about it. I frankly had no real idea what the box was since I knew it wasn't there last night and I know for a fact Bakura, nor I, had ordered anything. When I brought the box up I heard Marik pipe up behind me.

"Oh yeah. You'll get a kick out of this, Bakura. Ishizu came to the apartment today and went on her boring spiel of how I should stop my plans to take the Millennium Puzzle from the Pharaoh and something about my dark half and-"

"What?" I found myself quickly out of control of my body and Bakura now back in control of it. I could feel the panic, worry, and anger radiate from him and I tried to reach out to other me but he shrugged off my hand and turned to Marik, who was confused on what just happened.