Chapter Thirteen

Marik: I knew it! Bakura and Yugi are totally seeing one another.
Bakura: *spits out the tea he was drinking*
Ryou: *soaked in tea* Ew...
Melvin: *laughs and points at Ryou* You look like a soaked cat!
Ryou: *chuckles* Can you get me a towel, Malik?
Marik: *still laughing but leaves to get a towel*
Bakura: Marik. Yugi and I aren't-
Marik: I'm just glad you finally got a boyfriend, Bakura. We can finally get down to some real evil business with you no longer lonely.
Bakura: *anime style, falls on his face*
Me and Ryou: *chuckles*
Marik: What the frig is wrong with you?
Bakura: *mumbles with face still on floor* He doesn't even care...
Marik: What did you say? You're sort of making out with the floor and I can't hear you!
Me: *chuckles* Oh poor, Bakura. Anyways, hope you all enjoy!
~~~~~

Bakura's POV

It's been a week. A week since the argument. Marik and I haven't spoken a word to one another. In fact, I haven't seen Marik come out of his room since the argument.

Marik and I argue all the time but this has never happened before. He just wouldn't let me explain myself and it pissed me off. I simply thought it was just a better idea if he go back to Egypt with Ishizu and Odion until it was safer for him to be around. I didn't want to chance Yugi or any of the other's seeing Marik and the fool would be able to get the best amount of information for his tattoos and the Millennium Items by going back to the Pharaoh's tomb.

There was also one more thing. The fact that this is effecting me so much. The first two days were fine but, after Marik started to stay longer in his room... I don't know. I feel odd. Empty I suppose is the best word. It feels like my dog died and I am starting to realize how much I actually had that dog in my life.

What's really been getting at me is Marik not coming out when it was one in the morning. I would find myself waking up on my own around one and I would go out to the living room to find no Marik. Most of the nights I would just go back to my room but last night I just didn't want to go back to bed so I sat on the couch and read. I won't admit it out loud but I did that to see if Marik would eventually come out of his room. However, still nothing.

At this point, it's like Marik actually did leave.

"You ever wonder if he actually did? Maybe when we were at school one day," Ryou's voice came from the Millennium Ring. "Since, Malik hasn't come to visit me at all this past week. It actually has me worry that... Tell me he isn't gone!" Ryou suddenly pleaded, sounding extremely sad.

Hearing how Ryou sounded so hurt, and hearing what he actually said, it made my mind begin to think about it. The idea was completely possible. I may have upset him so much that he actually left.

Unsure of my own thoughts anymore I sighed and ran my hands through my hair as I rested my elbows on Ryou's desk. I was currently at school and I was completely ignoring the day. My mind was absolutely consumed of Marik and the potential reasonings he hasn't come out of his room, the argument itself, and everything else. A few different times I have been tempted to just get up and leave but where would I go? Home? And do what once I got there?

So, the best place for me to be was at school. I would have had Ryou take over for today but he's been an emotional mess as well. The thought of Marik leaving and, in turn, taking Melvin with him scared Ryou to the point of many mental break downs.

This is bloody ridiculous. This shouldn't be having an effect on me!

"Are you alright, Ryou?" I heard Yugi whisper from besides me. It grabbed my attention and I turned to look at a concerned Yugi.

Not wanting to get in trouble, though I really didn't care- I just didn't want to deal with the inconvenience at the moment- I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote on it.