Chapter One

Me: Hey, Bakura?
Bakura: What is it now? *puts down his book*
Me: Did you touch my computer again?
Bakura: Yeah. Why?
Me: Well, last time I was on here I didn't have a picture. Was that you?
Bakura: It looked rather plain without a photo so I took the liberty to add one. It matches with the chapter, no?
Me: Yeah it does. So, I guess I'll keep it. *mumbles* I didn't think you would pick a picture like this though.
Bakura: What?
Me: Nothing! Anyways, on to what you all came to read.
~~~~~

Bakura's POV

Everything was fuzzy. I had no idea where I was or what I was doing. I felt like I was suspended in an abyss. It reminded me of the years of solitude when I was trapped within the Millennium Ring. Just a soul lost and forgotten as time moved without me.

"Bakura!" a voice called out to me.

My eyes focused and my mind cleared and I was now in a duel. The scene before me was familiar. Fear coursed through my body as I looked across from me to see Marik chained up to an invisible wall within this Shadow Game. The one who stood in front of him was his alter ego who called himself Melvin.

"Marik!" I called out. "Melvin! You leave him out of this!"

Melvin said nothing but gave a sinister smirk as he pulled out his Millennium Rod. Marik, all the while, was struggling to free himself but there was no use.

"No! Leave him alone!" I cried out.

"Don't worry Bakura. I just need to bite my hand off like a dog and I'll be home free," Marik said and tried to bring his head over to his right arm, however he was unable to reach it.

Melvin began to laugh as he brought the pointed end of the Millennium Rod towards Marik's chest. It caused both Marik and I to freeze. My mind continuously kept screaming for Melvin to stop and leave Marik alone but I was unable to utter a word.

Melvin suddenly narrowed his eyes and stabbed Marik's chest with the end of the Millennium Rod. "No!" I screamed out. I wanted to run over to the two but something had my legs glued to the ground, making me unable to move an inch.

Marik spit up blood before slowly bringing his head up to look at me. Marik gave a small chuckle, spitting up more blood, before saying, "I still look...sexy in red." Marik's head then drooped and his entire body went limp and all I could do was watch in disbelief.

Melvin burst out into a chaotic laughter straight from hell. Next thing I knew, I was in a cage being held in Melvin's hand. He was huge, bigger than a skyscraper, and he brought his head down to peer at me with his giant eyes filled with a lust for blood.

"How does it feel to have failed, Florence? How do you feel knowing you couldn't save him? You feel guilty for watching?" Melvin pestered me with these questions. I couldn't utter a word even though I wanted to curse him out. Melvin chuckled and said, with a hiss, "You've failed Marik."

***

My eyes shot open and I sat up so fast that I ended up smacking my head against something, causing me to lay back down.

"Ow! What the frig, Bakura?" Marik groaned in pain. I opened my eyes, still holding my aching head, and saw Marik at the foot of the bed I was laying in, holding his head like he was suffering the worst headache.

"Where the bloody hell are we?" I grumbled, trying to get up but I winced in pain and laid back down.

"Your house," Marik stated, standing straight up and rubbing his forehead. "Well, I guess Ryou's apartment. Oh Ra my head."