Chapter Eight

Me: Seriously Bakura! Stop it with the pictures!
Bakura: When Marik and I start dating I'll stop.
Me: >_> Don't make me bring Ryou into this.
Bakura: Do it. That wanker couldn't do a bloody thing even if he tried.
Me: *growls* Whatever. The picture looks good anyways.
Bakura: *snickers* I win.
Me: *flips him off*
Bakura: Sorry, I'm gay.
Me: *blushes* That isn't what I- You-
Bakura: *laughs*
Me: Whatever. Hope you all enjoy. *covers my face with a pillow*
~~~~~~

Bakura's POV

Emptiness. Just a dark abyss around me. A comfortable abyss. No noise no images. I think I will finally have a dreamless night.

"You have to get out of here!"

Strike that.

The black began to change. The nothing that gave me comfort began to form into a desert. My thoughts began to feel a mix of fear, anger, and sorrow.

In a flash a fuzzy image of a person stood in front of me, or at least I assume it was me. I wasn't sure completely.

"No! I'm not leaving you! He'll kill you like he did your sister and my brother! For all we know the Priest is dead too! I can't lose you! We are family now!" the voice shouted and it sounded female. It even sounded familiar.

"That is why I have to stay. You must hide the Millennium Rod and the Millennium Necklace! One day the Pharaoh will return and that is when we will be ready!" There was a loud explosion behind me and the fuzzed-out person. "Go!" I shouted and pushed the person away from me and turned.

"You have something of mine, Thief King."

***

I gasped awake and sat up. I was breathing heavy and my heart was racing.

"What just happened?" Ryou asked, appearing beside me. He seemed out of breath as well and there were slight tears running down his face.

"I- I don't know." I ran my hand through my hair and felt that I was all sweaty. "You had a dream, right?" I asked.

Ryou nodded his head. "I was crying over someone's body in the middle of a desert. I felt like it was my fault that this person was dead. Then there was a voice that told me I could join him then I woke up." Ryou rubbed his eyes and wiped his cheeks free of his tears. "What did you dream about?"

"I was protecting someone from someone. It was a girl and I told her to hide the Millennium Rod and the Millennium Necklace," I mumbled.

"Those are the items that belong to Marik and Ishizu," Ryou pointed out.

"I know," I said blankly. I was trying to wrap my head around this sudden dream but I couldn't figure out anything. "I've been having dreams ever since we got back here but I have never had one like that before," I stated. "Normally they consist of-" I stopped when I realized who I was talking to. "Forget about it," I stated.

"They are about Malik hurting Marik. The few times I haven't slept at night I've been able to hear your dreams. Sorry," Ryou said sheepishly.

I stayed quiet. I was mad at Ryou but the dream was more of a concern on my mind. What did it mean? Did I finally have a memory dream? Why now though and why did Ryou get one but it was different from mine? Ugh! It's probably that damn Melvin! He's probably pissed that he hasn't been able to see Ryou because I am keeping the rod under the couch. Damn him. If I didn't need that Millennium Rod I would throw it away.