Chapter Seventeen

Bakura: *smacks my phone out of my hand*
Me: Hey!
Bakura: Why do you do this to me!?
Me: Oh come on! You know I love Thiefshipping way more than Kleptoshipping. But I can't ignore the fact that you two are such good friends to the point where you guys almost seem like a couple.
Bakura: We are-
Ryou: She's right you know.
Bakura: Piss off, Ryou!
Melvin: *chuckles* Oh the Pharaoh is going to be pissed. *dials a number and puts the phone next to his ear*
Ryou: Don't call Atem! Malik! We don't want him freaking out again! *tries to grab the phone from Malik*
Melvin: *keeps the phone away from Ryou* Why hello there, Pharaoh. I've got some news for you!
Me, Ryou, and Bakura: STOP! *tackles Melvin*
Me: *trying to reach the phone* Anyways, hope you guys enjoy!
~~~~~

Bakura's POV

"Bloody hell, Ryou," I grumbled as I walked down the busy streets of Domino City in Ryou's appearance. My arms were extremely soar and I felt physically exhausted. "Did you and Melvin go on another date?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sorry, other me. We ended up getting spotted by the cops and had to run for a while and climb a bit," Ryou said as his transparent soul floated besides me. Ryou quickly smiled and added, "But we had a good time."

"I don't care if you had a good time. You two keep going on these late night dates and you will eventually get caught. You two get caught and that leaves Marik and I to deal with it—which will cause a few too many questions I won't be able to lie about," I grumbled as I tried to stretch out my arms. "Besides, with where Marik and I are at right now I don't think talking would go well between us."

"Maybe that's exactly what you two need," Ryou suggested.

"Don't start with that, Ryou."

"I'm being serious, other me. You need to go to him and-"

"What? Apologize? Say I'm sorry for him being a fool and a pain in my-"

"You know as well as I do that none of that is true," Ryou snapped at me. He appeared in front of me and held out his hand, stopping me from going any further. "If you thought him as a pain and just such a burden to your time here then you wouldn't wake up every morning at one and wait for Marik to come out. You wouldn't keep looking down the hall towards his door. You wouldn't still be going through with his plan to obtain the Millennium Puzzle!"

I growled but kept my gaze from Ryou. I wanted to snap at him and tell him he's wrong but I couldn't force myself to do it. He was right. Not having Marik around has messed with me but I can't help it that ever since we met he's been glued to my side. Marik's a parasite and I'm suffering from the withdrawal. Nothing more.

"Looks like being around Melvin has done you some good," I said as I pushed past Ryou's translucent spirit. "You've gotten bolder."

"He's not the only one who's helped me with that," Ryou said sternly as he grabbed onto my arm. I glared back at him, about to snap at him but stopped when I saw the look in Ryou's eyes. They were filled with something I've never seen before. Confidence and fierce determination. "Whether you like hearing it or not you've been the one giving me this confidence. It's built up little by little over the years but I finally managed to gain enough. So it bothers me seeing that the one who gave me this confidence is rolling over and revealing his underbelly to the world."

I gritted my teeth as I pulled my arm out of his grasp. "You know nothing. Now get into your soul room. I'm nearly at the school." Ryou luckily did as I told, not without first giving me a small glare, and returned to his soul room to leave me to do what I had been dreading all week.