▪ 38. Bhoot Aaya! ▪

'Music sensation MANIK MALHOTRA spotted with a mystery girl on the outskirts of the town!'

Mukti read the headlines of the entertainment section of the newspaper and my eyes widen in shock.

What the hell!

I snatched the newspaper from Mukti and read the headline twice to confirm it.

My eyes scanned the newspaper and then zeroed at an image.

It was from yesterday at the end of the street.

My face was clearly visible my one hand held an icecream and the other held nandini's waist.

My shoulders relaxed on seeing Nandini's face was covered due to her long hair.

"Newspaper meh yeh kya news aayi hai?" I shouted on the phone to my beloved manager.

"Sir mujhe iske bare meh kuch nahi pata-a." his voice shivered.

"Jaha tak mujhe pata hai I don't give you salary for knowing nothing." I roared on the phone

"Sorry sir main abhi dekta hu main kya kar sakta hu." he said slowly.

"I want result and make sure woh ladki ka naam samne na aaye! Aur agar you are of no help then get ready to be fired! Do you get that!"

"ye-ss si-r!" He said. I disconnected the call and tossed it on the bed.

"Bhai relax.. Nandu ka face visible bhi nahi hai!" Mukti kept a hand on my shoulder.

"Agar hota toh I should have been careful! Mujhe scarf leke jana chahiye tha." I said my body being tensed thinking about 'what if'

"Relax aapne manager se baat ki na?"

"Nandini pata nahi kya soch rahi hogi!" I said palming my face.

"Go talk to her!" She said and I hugged her.

"Relax! She will understand. Bhai you are a celebrity! Yeh toh hona hi hai na? Aaj nahi toh kal sabko pata toh chal hi jana hai!" Mukti said and she had a point.

I need to talk to nandini!

I opened the door to walk out but already saw her standing there.

"We need to talk!" We both said in unison and gave a weak smile to each other.

We entered inside and settled on the couch.

"Umm.. you guys talk, I'll bring coffee." Mukti said and excused herself.

"I..." we started together.

"Nahi tum pehele bolo." again this continued

Sigh!

"I'll talk first!" I said and she nodded.

"Umm... jo newspaper meh tha I know tum us bare meh baat karne aai ho... I um... am sorry I should have been careful while going out with you..I have talked to my manager he will handel this...um...your name won't be out I promise.." I completed and looked at her.

"Tum gussa toh nahi hona?" I asked being unsure.

"Nahi manik! When I started developing feelings for you I knew if we will be together in a relationship this was bound to happen. You are a public figure manik and when I said I wanted to be your girlfriend I had all this in mind and I am ready to face this with you on my side. Kabhi na kabhi toh the world will come to know about us nah?" I looked at her in utter shock.

Mukti was right... She knows...she understands and is ready to be on my side humesha.

Without uttering a single word I took her in my embrace.