▪ 16. A Reason To Live ▪

Manik pov( 1:30 am somewhere)

I lay down flat on the cold grass, tears still running down my eyes.

I closed my eyes to see the flashes that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

"Akele hi jina hoga tumhe."

"You have proven you aren't worth any care or love."

"I thought you had a heart but-"

"I. Hate. You! "

I opened my eyes with a jerk not able to deal with the thoughts my mind was clouded with.

Am I not worth of any love?

Pehele my mom, meri apni maa mujhse nafrat karne lagi aur ab jise meh pyaar karta hu woh mujhse dur ho gayi..

Sahi keheti hai Nyonika I am useless and alone.

I am just a mistake who has ruined her life.

Sahi keheti hai-i

I began sobbing, again.

This time I had no one by my side who could wipe away my tears, who could give me a shoulder to cry on, whom I could share my pain with.

I was all alone!

I closed my eyes letting the frightening darkness consume me.

*******

Nandini's pov(2 am nandini's house)

"Nahi hai ghar pe woh. Mukti ka roh roh ke bura haal ho raha hai. He didn't came home and last I saw, he wanted to approach you. Kya teri usse baath hui he is missing from that time."

And I stood there in shock not able to believe his words.

Manik ghar nahi aaya toh kaha gaya!

"Nandu sach bata.." Cabir said sternly.

".....and he went away-y. It's all my fault mujhe unse baat hi nahi karni chahiye thi-i.. " I completed telling bhai about what had happened in the past few hours.

I heard Cabir bhai taking a sharp intake of breath before speaking. "It's not his fault... His mother hates him, she has left no stone unturned to ruin Manik's life whether it is personal or professional. She has a very strong hatred for him and the people related to him, we all don't know why. Sometimes we all wonder how is she so cruel to her own blood... It isn't his fault Nandu it isn't... " cabir bhai completed and closed his eyes to stop the tears running down and I stood there dumbstruck.

Cabir bhai stood up and ran out of the house saying,"we need to find him. He can harm himself, this is a very sensitive topic for him."

****

" mom.. m please no-o its paining aaaahhhhh" manik's cries echoed in the whole mansion.

Nyonika stood there with a cane in her hand brutally hitting manik with it.

"agli bar dad ko phone karne ki himmat karoge hah? " she shouted

" nah-hi promise mujhe chod do" manik said begging for his life.

"u deserve no happiness. You are a curse in my life. You aren't worth love... You have to be alone,your whole life and i will make sure of it... "

Nyonika went away leaving a crying manik behind.

He slowly stood up and with slow baby steps made it to his room wincing in pain.

He looked for some medicine but to no avail. The pain was becoming unbearable and the swelling was increasing. The red marks became black...

He didn't moved out of his room for 2 days. He managed without food and water according to Nyonika's instructions.

No one was allowed to enter in his room. He spend the whole day sobbing and sometimes he fainted due to the weakness.

The same butler who had saved him before took the courage and helped him. He dressed his wounds and gave him food without Nyonika's knowing.

"nah-hi no aahhhh--" I woke up breathing heavy.

I wiped the sweat beads.

"sapna tha" I signed in relief.

Nyonika still haunts me like anything. Those 3yrs I spend were like a hell for me before mukti came. These nightmares had stopped long ago but now I am even afraid of sleeping. There is still a little child inside me who is scared of Nyonika like anything.

I checked my watch 3 am.

"It's pretty late, I should leave." I whispered.

I had thought of calling my friends and informing them that I am coming late but my phone battery died.

Hope they aren't worried too much.

*****

I unlocked the door to see mukti crying like someone is dead while alya and chas- nandini consoling her.

As they saw me alya and nandini wiped their tears and signed in relief giving a small smile while mukti ran towards me and hugged me tight as if i will disappear if she leaves me.

I ran my hand down her hair calming her. She kept on sobbing in spite of my efforts to stop her.

She wasn't even ready to leave me for a second. I broke the hug forcefully and made her look in my eye.

"I am fine." I said emphasizing on each and every word to ensure her while my inner self was still unstable.

" kaha-a chale gayee the-e *hiccup* mujhe chod ke*hiccup*" mukti said in between her sobs and hiccups.

"bas vaha acha nahi lag raha tha toh drive peh gaya tha." I lied plainly.

"aisa phir-r kabhi mat karna. I was so-o worried for you. Phele hi aapke nightmares chaloo ho-o gaye mujhe laga kahi... " she trailed off and hugged me again.

"main thik hu. Kitni tension leta hai mera baccha meri... Hah? Dekho kya hal banaya hai apna " i said indicating messy hair swollen red eyes ensuring she cried for hours and pale face.

"Mujhe laga meh phirse anath hogayi-i." mukti said and i made her look at me and spoke sternly.

"aisa phir kabhi mat kehena. Agar mujhe jine ka man na kare toh bhi I have to take care of myself because I have your responsibility. I have my baccha jisse mujhe pamper karna hai aur duniya ki sari khushi deni hai. Mere hote hue tum kabhi aanath nahi ho sakti samji. You have given me a reason to live. Get that staright! "

She nodded with a small smile and hugged me.

"Mera baccha.!"

*******

How do you find mukti and manik's bond?

How was the chapter? I know thoda jayada hi emotional ho gaya😢

Spoiler : i moved closer decreasing the gap between the two of us. Our lips inched apart.

I am about to have my first kiss!!!

*****

Kya lagata hai kya hoga😂😂🙈🙈

#phir milte hai ❤