▪ 28. Bondings. ▪

I palmed my mouth.

"Kya kaha tune? Firse bol shayad maine galat sunna!" Abhi said looking between me and Nandini. I looked at her who was already looking at me with wide eyes.

"hah, hah shayad maine be galat suna." Cabir asked with an amused expression.

Sab iske karn hi hua hai. Oh god! Yeh ghada mere life ki band kyun baja raha hai?

"umm.. Maine kaha... kya kaha? Kuch bhi toh nahi kaha maine... Kyun chashmish tumne kuch sunna?" I gestured her to play along.

"hah bhai kuch nahi kaha Manik ne!" she laughed nervously.

"nahi nahi tumne kaha ki nandu tumhari girlfriend hai!" Fenil said raising her eyebrow.

I palmed my face, again.

"hawww... Bhai apne mujhe bhi nahi bataya" Mukti pouted sadly.

"Yeh sab kya hai nandu?" Abhi asked crossing her arms.

"Bhai hum batane hi wale the." Nandu trailed off.

"Kabse chal raha hai yeh sab?" questioned Mukti trying hard to fight a smile.

I and Nandini looked at each other and then at others.

"Aisa lag raha hai hum chor hai aur tum log police." I pouted

"Abhi kaam chori chori karoge tho pakde toh jaoge na!" Cabir smirked.

"kab se chal raha hai yeh sab." Abhi asked with serious expression.

Abhi mujhe marega toh nahi na?

"Aj raat hi!" Nandini said.

"Kab? Party meh toh tum sath meh hi the hamare." Fenil said.

"Dance ke baad and cake cutting se pehele." I told in a low voice and suddenly found more interest in the flooring.

"Hum batane hi wale the but phir nyo- I mean aunty ne-" Nandini trailed off.

"I am so happy for you bhai! Nandu is perfect for you." Mukti squealed in excitement and hugged me.

"Peheli baar toh apni khushi ke leye kuch kiya hai apne." she continued.

Abhi hugged her and gave me a nod. Instantly a smile crept on my face and my shoulders relaxed.

"oyyyeeee!!! Manik!!! Agar tune Nandu ka dil toda na toh main tujhe tood dunga." Cabir gave a warning look and others laughed.

"Tum aur tumhari damkiya." Navya sighed in disbelief and we giggled.

"This calls for a double celebration." Fenil hooted.

"Abhi tum logo ko sona hai ki nahi?" Abhi asked

"hah, mujhe bohot neend aa rahi hai." Sanaya said in a boring and low tone.

Isse kya hua? She looks sad.

"Yay! Main aaj nandu ke sath soungi! Mujhe usse kitni bate karni hai." Mukti said and dragged her.

I smiled looking at my two beautiful angels and smiled.

"Goodnight guys, jaha jaga mille waha so jao." I said and heard Fenil giggle.

House wasn't too big neither two small. It was cosy, warm and very welcoming. The fact that it had only two rooms ek mera and mukti ka and one guest room made it a little difficult to sleep.
But nevertheless they adjusted.

I couldn't sleep so got settled near the window. I heard the chair besides me scratch the floor and turned to look at Sanaya.

"Hey!" she smiled.

"Hey, you still awake?" I asked surprisingly. She wasn't a night owl.

"Tum bhi toh nahi soye!" She whispered back.

"Neend nahi aa rahi!" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Nyonika ke karn?" she asked and I nodded.

She knew my nightmares and Nyonika's connection. She was there when I needed her and I couldn't be more glad to have her in my life as a friend.

She rested her head on my shoulder and inhaled a sharp breath.

"Sab thik hojayega Manik tension mat lo. It will affect your health." she said rubbing my arm.

"I know.. It's just, I need time."

"Manik itne saal biit gaye hai aur kitna time loge? You have to move on... I know it's not easy but still you can't let her affect you more."

"I know.. I know but still...." I said in a low voice and all the memories came rushing back to me.

"shhh it's fine take your time.. Sab hai tumhare sath!" she assured and I gave a low nod.

"So Nandini hah?" she changed the subject.

"Yes..." I said and felt the blood rushing through my cheek.

"Oh god Manik.. Uska naam sunte hi you are blushing." she nudged me and smiled but that didn't reach her ears.

"Just stop it sanaya!" I warned her with a fake glare.

"Okay fine." she said raised her hands in a surrender position and we both giggled.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"You really love her na?" she asked and a smile formed on my lips.

"Yeah! Pagal ho chuka hai tumhara Manik uske pyaar meh. She is just amazing.. Uski ek smile dekta hu toh din ban jata hai,and you know my favourite thing which I love the most? Her eyes... Jab woh hasti hai na they twinkle and the things she doesn't says her eyes tell me.." I said dreamily.

"You are so whipped man!" She said and punched my face lightly.

"Pyaar hota hi aisa hai... Kab ho jata hai pata hi nahi chalta aur jab ho jata hai toh bas tum apne small bubble mein rehena pasand karte hai.. Just you and the person you love! Tum toh samjti ho na.. You are also in love with someone.. Jiske bare meh I have no idea." I pouted.

"Yeah! I am in love." she said looking at the moon shinning bright with a small sadness in her eyes.

"Tumhe kya hua? Tumhare lover boy ka naam? Common you have to tell me!" I whined like a kid and she just smiled.

"In the morning."

"But why not now! Do I know him? Itna toh bata do." I whined more.

"Yes." she said in a final tone.

"Fine! Chalo let's sleep bohot late ho gaya hai!" I said and she nodded.

I went to the room where Nandini and Mukti were sleeping.

Entering the room I saw the most beautiful scene. My both jaan's sleeping in each other's arm.

Mukti had a arm around Nandini's waist and nandini held her hand which rested on her stomach. I went towards them and kissed their forehead and smiling left to my room.

Looks like my two favourite people are bonding together.

******

#phirmiltehai❤