▪ 17. I Promise. ▪

I caressed mukti's head slowly as she sleeps on my lap.

It's been one hour since I came home and Alya and Nandini left. Her eyes said she had also been crying all the while. I was worried for her, so I messaged cabir to stay with her as abhi after the party went to meet his parents and is unknown to the things that happened after the party.

The door bell rang.

I looked towards the door in confusion. I carefully got up, not disturbing mukti's sleep and went to open the door.

Cabir!

"cabir, what are you doing here hah? Told you nah to stay with chasmish. She needs you." I whispered.

He shook his head. "She needs you! "

I looked at him in confusion.

"what are you talking about?" I asked not understanding his words.

I don't think she will even look at my face now. She hates me, she herself told me to stay away from her. Then why would she need me?

"Mujhe pata hai kya hua tum dono ke beech. I... I told her about Nyonika and then she felt guilty about the words she had spoken to you. Look she is really sorry. You both need to talk and sort things out. "

"Cabir tune usse kyun bataya?"

"hah? Toh what do you expect me to do. Meh chup raho aur usse tujhe hate karne du when it's not even your fault. Dude what are you ??-hindi serial ki bahoo? " he said placing his hands on his hips looking at me with fake anger in his eyes.

I looked at him in disgust

Hindi serial ki bahoo?? Seriously?

"Chal abhi look kya de raha hai. ja Romeo ja apni Juliet ke pass.." He said smirking and I looked at him in shock.

He knew!

"Cabir se kuch nahi chupta!" he said as if had read my mind and moved in, pushed me out of the house and closed the door on my face while I was too shocked to react.

*****

I slowly unlocked the door of chasmish's house with the keys cabir had thrown at me while pushing me out of my own house.

I walked towards her bedroom. There I saw her sitting on the bed sniffing slowly lost in her own thoughts.

I walked towards her, making some noises hoping that she will notice me. Luckily she did.I went and sat besides her.

Silence!

We both stayed in that position I don't know for how long.

" I-" be both began together.

I managed to see a small smile on her face that time.

"you say first! " I said still not looking at her.

" I am s-sorry..... I was soo wrong. Cabir bhai told me about your m-mom. I am sorry! " She said and started crying.

I started to panic.

Why is she crying??

I don't know what to do when a girl starts crying?

Mukti hoti toh I would have managed, uski aadat hai mujhe par isska kya karu?

Should I crack a joke?

"Ek bar ek chitti ne-" I stopped in the mid-sentence to look at her who was now staring at me and had stopped crying.

Good job!

"chitti ne haati se kaha 'meh tumhare bachhe ki maa banne wali hu.... Hahahah" I completed and myself started laughing at my brilliant joke.

I looked at her to find her sitting still there with a smile playing on her lips.

"Finally tum hassi."

"Joke bohot ganda tha!" she said looking at me.

"Par you smiled!" I said pouting.

She smiled wider at my antics.

I promise I will never make you cry again.

"Aise nahi hasate kissi ko!" she said.

"Toh tum kya karti?" I asked crossing my hands close to my chest.

She started tickling me.

By her sudden attack I fell flat on my back and she took the chance to climbe on top of me still trying to tickle me.

She pouted sadly "Nothing happened! "

"I don't fell ticklish." I said giggling.

We both noticed how close we were. By her expression I could make out that she wasn't hesitant.

I got lost in her beautiful brown orbs staring at me. I tucked the small strand of her hair behind her ear which was obstructing my beautiful view.

She moved closer decreasing the gap between the two of us. Our lips inches apart.

I am about to have my first kiss!
I caressed her face with one hand not breaking the eye contact.

Closer...

More closer...

I was about to kiss her

but

But

But

Cabir barged in the house shouting from the living room.

"Manik where are you mukti is calling you! "

We quickly both straightened up.

Awkward silence prevailed in the room.

I looked at her to see any discomfort or regret but found none.

I was happy!

I got up to move out but stopped in my way. I turned quickly and kissed her forehead.

"Sleep! " she smiled and blushed but nodded.

"Rockstar!" she called and I stopped in my tracks.

I was dying to hear THAT.

"You aren't angry nah?" she asked innocently.

"No." I said assuring her. A big smile curved on my lips.

"You won't leave me nah?"

I kissed her temple this time my lips lingered there a little longer than before and whispered

"Never, I promise! "

*******Wasn't that just aaaaawwwwwwww? 🔥

*******
Wasn't that just aaaaawwwwwwww? 🔥

Cabir par kisse kisse gussa aa raha hai?? 😂

How was the part?

Do vote and comment!
#phir milte hai ❤