Chapter 26 - Frustration

I sat in my hospital bed, book in hands and a steaming hot coffee not far from me. My mom sat on a small couch not far, restraining herself from bombarding me with questions about what happened, not wanting me to think about it. Brandon walked in along with my father, but I never looked up from my book. My father walked over and kissed my forehead. I smiled slightly. Brandon walked over and put his index finger under my chin, making me look at him. I tried to read a few more words in the book before our lips met each other. When our lips met, I melted. He had my full attention. He pulled away from me and I couldn't help, but pout. Its been like this for the past two weeks, him giving me short kisses, I was starting to get annoyed. He chuckled at my pout and climbed in bed with me. I snuggled into his side. I closed my eyes and listened to his heartbeat. The whole entire time I was here, everyone from my and Brandon's pack visited, even Ashley stopped by. My sister visited a few days ago, she looked like she was going to explode. I can't wait to have a baby. I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard my name being called, that I realized my father was speaking to me. I groaned. I lifted my head to look at him, he sat by my mother. "I'm sorry, what?" I asked confused. He chuckled.

"I know you don't want to deal with this, but you need to go back." My father said, referring to the fact I have to returned to school in three days, seeing as summer vacation was coming to an end. God, I was totally wishing I was in Phineas and Ferb right now.

"But dad, I'm injured." I pretended to wince in pain. "I'm not ready to go to school, I'm too weak." I cried. He stared at me knowingly.

"The doctor said that your bloodstream not longer has any trace of silver, and your wolf is healing you properly. You are perfectly fine to return to school." He smiled, while I glared. "Look at the bright side, you're being released tomorrow." I sat up and crossed my arms over my chest. Brandon laughed from beside me. I looked over at him and glared. He was a senior this year, lucky son of a gun. He kissed my temple.

"School won't be that bad, now you have a sexy, football playing mate." He wriggled his eyebrows. I elbowed him in the stomach. Cocky bastard.

"Where's Alicia?" I asked.

"Her and Aaron went to the beach." Brandon replied. I gasped.

"No fair!" I exclaimed. "I wanna go to the beach." I whined. My mother shook her head and laughed. My father looked at his watch. He and my mom stood up. My dad walked over and kissed my forehead once again.

"Your mother and I have a date and if we don't leave not, we will miss our reservation." He told me. I nodded and my mother hugged me and they both left, closing the door behind them. I sighed. It seemed like everyone was going out with their mates and what was I doing? Sitting in a hospital bed. Life sucks. I looked at Brandon, who stared at me intensely. I moved so I was straddling his lap, with Brandon's help of course. I kissed him passionately. My hands went to the hem of his t-shirt. I didn't hesitate to pull it over his head. I stared at his chest and kissed down his neck, but there was a knock at the door. I growled at the interruption. Brandon let out a breath it almost seemed like it was a sigh of, dare I say, relief. I moved to sit in my previous spot, while Brandon pulled on his shirt.

"Come in." I called. The door burst open. There stood my other best fried, the idiot who went M.I.A on me, Jacob. "Jakey Pooh!" I shouted. He winced at the nickname. "Where the hell did you go?"

"Let's just say, Veronica and I went to see the world, again." He grinned. Then, frowned. "Alicia called and told me what happened. I'm sorry I wasn't here for you."

"Its okay Jakey, you're here now." I smiled brightly. He looked at Brandon.

"I see you two kissed and made up." He said, sitting at the end of the bed. I stayed quiet. Why was Brandon acting like this? I grew annoyed. What the hell is his problem?