Chapter 8 - Considering Combining Packs

Brandon's Point Of View

Before Aaron and I could leave Christie's house her father called out to me.

"Is there something going on between you and my daughter?"

"Yes, but it's stupid we will get through it."

"What is it?"

"She doesn't want to choose between being me and her pack."

"Understandable."

"What do you mean?"

"Christie was born to be this pack's leader, she cares very strongly for her pack."

"So what does that mean for me?"

"It means that you two need to find a way to make this work, whether she likes it or not." All of a sudden, we heard a loud growl coming from the stairs.

"I really don't like being talked about without being in the room to defend myself."

"Room, now." Her father demanded. She rolled her eyes and walk back upstairs slamming her room door. Her mother rushed out of her room worried.

"What was that sound? Is Christie okay?"

"She is fine just a little angry." I answered with a smirk. Her mother gave me a weird look and then turned around and went upstairs.

"Back to what I was saying, Christie is a very special girl, capable of things no other wolf can do." I stared at him for a while, confused. "You will understand soon enough. Now, get home it's getting late. Oh, and thanks for helping me find my daughter, tonight."

"Anytime, she is my mate after all."

Karen's Point Of View

I walked into my daughter's room to see her crying. "Christie, what's wrong?"

"I hate him mom. I regret meeting him. I wish I'd never met my mate. I was fine when I was alone."

"You don't mean that."

"Yes, yes I do. He is a jerk for no reason. He thinks he owns me."

"Christie, do you remember of how your father and I found each other."

"Yeah. Your old pack hated the Yellow Star Pack. You were on a walk and crossed enemy lines. They locked you up as a prisoner. Dad came to interrogate you and you two found that you were mates. You fell in love, blah, blah."

"I guess we told you the nicer version of the story."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we did fall in love, but your father moved me into his house and never let me leave the sight of him or his Beta. Your father never let me leave the house. He controlled everything I did, he monitored where I was 24/7 I wanted to go home and tell my father what had happened to me, but my father, your grandfather, went out looking for me instead. He followed my scent here. He thought I was kidnapped, he thought they were torching me so he rounded up his best fighters and ambushed this pack. My father died during battle, on this very land. I blamed myself for years, I even blamed your father for a while. I used to tell him he should have just let me go home. I hated him so much, I cried every night and I regretted meeting him. I used to think the Moon Goddess made a mistake putting me and your father together. I stopped talking for months, but your father never gave up on trying me make me happy. He used to apologize daily for the death of my father. He used to tell me it wasn't his fault, that he had to protect his pack. As the years past, I started to realize that I wasn't mad at him anymore. I just fell deeper in love with him."

"Great story mom, but how does this help me?"

"He only acts the way he does because he loves you."

"Loves me?" She started laughingly, humorlessly. "The only person in this world Brandon loves is himself."

"Just consider what I just told you. You are a special girl with big things to come, you will need your mate by your side."

"What does that mean?" She asked.

"You will see, soon enough." I answered then I walked out of her room.

Christie's Point of View

Once my mom left I started to think about the story she just told me. Only differences are nobody is stupid enough to battle my father, he is one of the strongest Alpha's in the world, dad didn't make mom choose between her pack and him, he made her choose him, and My pack and Brandon's pack are not enemies, they are allies. Stupid mate. I close my eyes and breathe deeply, when I open my eyes and see my father standing in the doorway. He stands at the end of my bed and looks in my eyes.

"You could easily avoid the drama between you and Brandon."

"How dad?"

"Combine packs."

"No, I will not do that. Some pack members hate Brandon's pack with a passion. I will not do that."

"If you are going to be Alpha, you are going to have to make some hard decisions."

"I also have to look out for my pack and what's best for them. This whole thing is not about me nor him, its about the safety of my pack. Combining packs will mean more pack fights than normal." My father smirks.

"Baby girl, you have to look at the benefits of combining packs."

"Like what?"

"Larger pack size."

"Which would mean a bigger pack house."

"More female wolves."

"Which would make our females angry. Have you forgotten why we don't shift in public?"

"You will be closer to your mate. You two can be happy." I didn't say anything else. My father was right, there are a lot of benefits to combining a pack with Brandon. "I know you care for him or you would not be as angry as you are."

"How pathetic of me, caring for someone who doesn't care about me."

"If he didn't care he would not have came to look for you tonight." I rolled my eyes.

"I will consider combining packs."

"That's all I ask." He turned to leave.

"Dad," he turned around and looked at me. "Thank you."

"Anytime." Then he leaves. If I am even going to think about this, as much as I hate it, I will have to talk to Brandon. I decide to text him.

To Brandon:

Meeting here, tomorrow morning. See you then.

I left the text plain and simple. I stood from my bed and got dressed for bed seeing as I still had on my sweaty clothes from this morning. I showered, brushed my hair and teeth, and put on a tank top with a cupcake on it with matching shorts.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I just want to thank all of the people reading this story or other stories of mine. When I first started writing on Wattpad, it didn't really matter to me how many votes I got, or how many people read the story and it still doesn't matter. I love writing and if you love reading my writings that's great. Again thank you all. Xx

~Bianca