Chapter 23 - The Punishment

"So, you're really not going to talk to him?" Alicia asked as we shopped.

"Nope." I answered not caring about this topic.

"Don't you think that's harsh? I mean you did say it was great sex." She said.

"Yes, it was great, but that doesn't make up for the fact he called me a whore and fucked me in a public bathroom. Do you know how any germs are in those?" I said disgusted. She laughed.

"But you enjoyed every minute in that bathroom." I glared at her.

"Whatever." I huffed. I hadn't talked to Brandon in over a week. That night when we got home I didn't talk to him. I just took a shower and got in bed. He tried to wrap his arms around me, but I pushed him away and quietly asked him to sleep in his office. I haven't slept or stayed in the same room as him this entire time and let me tell you it sucks not being in the same room as your mate.

"He said he was sorry didn't he?"

"Yes, but during sex. That wasn't an appropriate apology. He wasn't sorry, he was horny. If he really meant it, he would have gone out of his way to prove to me how sorry he was, he didn't so he's not sorry." Alicia shook her head.

"You two are like cats and dogs." She laughed. I rolled my eyes. "So, if you don't except his apology, why are we in a lingerie shop." I smiled widely.

"I have a plan." I was going to dress up in sexy little outfits for a little while, just to tease him. I looked at the large variety of sexy lace bras, panties and little outfits. I began to choose the items I wanted. Alicia shook her head at me as we walked out of the door with tons of bags. "What?"

"You're evil." She glared.

Brandon's Point Of View

I was sitting in my office getting more and more frustrated. I've been sleeping in my office for about a week now, Christie's request, and I haven't gotten any sleep once so ever. Aaron sat across from me.

"I don't understand. I apologized. That should be enough." I huffed.

"Dude, you apologized during sex, did you really think she was going to accept that?" he laughed.

"Well, yeah. I mean I'm her mate, she should forgive me." He shook his head at me.

"Christie is different. She won't just bow down at your feet when you want her to." He pointed out. I glared at her. "Plus, she's been Alicia almost all her life and she's quite the influence."

"Well smarty pants, how do I get her forgive me?"

"You have to do something big, something you've never done for anyone in the world, make her feel special and not like a whore." He told me leaning back in his chair.

"I didn't mean to call her that, it was just the first thing that came to my mind. Seeing another guy feel on my mate isn't a good feeling. " I sighed. I missed Chris so much it hurt. I wanted to get her in the same room just to talk, but she always walks out of the room.

"Well, it's your own damn fault. You didn't set any guidelines." Aaron laughed. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I called out. The door open and revealed Alicia and Christie. Alicia walked over to Aaron and sat in his lap. They pecked each other on the lips, while Christie and I stared each other in the eye. Her gaze flickered to the happy couple sitting in the chair across from my desk.

"Let's give them some alone time." Alicia whispered seductively. Aaron groaned and picked her up. He rushed out of my office with her. I could hear Alicia giggling as Aaron rushed to his room. I chuckled and shook my head. I watched Christie as she took the chair that my best friend was recently sitting in. I cleared my throat.

"Hi." I greeted.

"Hi." She replied back. She bit her lip.

"Listen," we both started at the same time. "Oh, um, you first." We said in unison, again.

"I insist." I said.

"Fine." she sighed. "Brandon, I know you didn't mean to call me what you did, but what you said hurt me. I don't think you realize how powerful your words are, which is why I've decided to let you come back to the room," she said with a small smile. I smiled widely.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes really, but there's one condition." she told me.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked curious.

"No sex. I forgive you just not fully." She informed me. I frowned. "Deal?" No sex. Could I really resist not touching her in a sexual way? it doesn't matter, I'm willing to try, for her. I extended my hand.

"Deal." I replied and she shook my hand. She stood up and circled around my desk. She sat on my lap.

"I've missed you." She whispered as she pecked my lips.

"I've missed you too." I told her brushing her hair back from covering her eyes. She chewed on her bottom lip and stood up.

"I will let you get back to work." She smiled. I nodded and she walked out.

Christie's Point Of View

I smiled wickedly as I walked out of his office. I'm going to make him pay. I  walked into the room and pulled out my phone and called my mom. "Hey mom."

"Hey sweetheart." she greeted happily. "Whats up?" I began to tell her about my wicked plan and she laughed. "I wish I would have thought about doing that before I had you and your sister. He would have been a whole lot different." she giggled. I laughed.

"I hope this works." I whispered to her.

"He deserves it, calling my daughter a whore." she growled.

"Mom, calm down. I got this. Have you heard from Mandy?" I asked.

"Yes, she called me the other night. She wanted to know if you were alright. Its been a while since you two spoke. Why don't you call her." my mom suggested.

"I'll call her as soon as I can, mom." I told her inspecting my nails."Did she tell you her great news?" I asked.

"No, but I guessed. I'm going to be a grandma." she said excitedly. "How did you know?"

"Mom, I was the first to know." I laughed. "I can't believe she's having a baby." I smiled.

"I know. My little girls are growing up." she sniffled.

"Mom?" I called out to her. "Are you crying?"
"No, of course not." she replied.

"Right." I said dragging out the 'i'. We continued to talk until around 10. When we hung up I sat my phone off to the side. I stood up and went to take a shower. I took my time in the shower. I washed my hair and scrubbed my scalp softly. When I was finished, I wrapped a towel around myself and put my wet hair in a high ponytail. I walked out and quickly changed before Brandon could walk in. (Picture on the side) I turned off all the lights and climbed into the bed and laid my head on the pillow. I heard the door open and Brandon whispered my name checking tot see if I was asleep. He stripped down to his boxers and climbed in. He pulled me close and tensed up. He growled.

"You're going to be the death of me, Chris." he mumbled.