Chapter 5 - Upstairs

Brandon and I got out of the pool with my legs around his waist. He took me upstairs to my room and laid me on the bed. He hovered over my body and kissed my neck. He was about to take off my top but, he stopped suddenly. "Babe, I have to go. Let's finish this up one day." then he rushed out of my room leaving a confused me on the bed.

"What the hell just happened?" I asked myself sitting up.

'He left that's what happened.' my wolf told me. I rolled my eyes. Then, my sister rushed in. She jumped on top of me.

"What the hell Mandy?"

"How come I was the only one who didn't know about you finding your mate? You were the first to know when I found my mate." My eyes widened.

"How did you know," I paused. "Mom told you, didn't she?" I sighed.

"Of course she did, you know she has a big mouth." She giggled. I started to gasp for air.

"Get off of me. I can't breathe." I gasped out. She hopped off of me.

"So.." She dragged on.

"So?" I questioned.

"What's his name?" She asked.

"Mom, didn't tell you his name?"

"She said it wasn't her place to give out his name." She rolled her eyes. I sighed.

"Brandon Whitfield."

"Haha very funny. Who is it really?"

"Brandon Whitfield." I repeated.

"Are you joking?" She questioned, seriously.

"No."

"You hate Brandon. You always said he was a cocky bastard and that as many girls he has been with you were surprised he didn't catch anything." She said repeating my awful words.

"I was just judging him on the rumors I've heard but, now that I know him, I know he is not like that. He is the complete opposite, except for the cocky bastard part, that was true." I said with a shrug.

"I can't believe HE is your mate. Its unreal."

"It seems a bit cliché to me."

"How so?" She raised her eyebrows.

"The big bad player falls for the quiet girl." I laughed.

"I guess you kind of right." She shrugged.

"We almost....... ya know." I blurted without thinking.

"You what?" Her eyes widened.

"I said ALMOST Mandy. He had to leave before we could do anything." I quickly sat up and defended myself.

"This is surreal."

"I know. I thought I was going to grow old and alone."

"No, I didn't mean it like that Christie. I meant that.... Brandon being your mate. He is the last guy I would have thought would be your mate." I kinda understood where she was coming from. Brandon and I are polar opposites, totally different people. I would have never imagined myself with Brandon.

"Where's Mikey?" I asked changing the subject.

"He is at the pack house with the guys. I'm supposed to meet him later on today."

"Well why are you here?" I questioned, looking at my nails.

"I wanted to talk to you, but on my way here mom called me freaking out that you found your mate."

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked. I was so going to have a talk with mom later.

"Well, I honestly think I'm pregnant." She said looking away and biting her lip.

"Mandy, are you serious?" This time my eyes widened.

"As a heart attack."

"Holy crap. Congrats." I smiled and hugged her.

"Thanks. Mikey doesn't know yet."

"I hope you tell him soon."

"I will."

"But what about dad? He already hates Mikey so much. Are you going to tell him?"

"I will when the time is right, Chris. Right now though, I'm not even completely sure. I have an appointment with the pack doctor tomorrow night." She told me closing her eyes. "And don't tell him either, you have to swear not to tell mom or dad."

"Okay, okay. I swear. Scouts honor." I held up my right hand. 

"I should go. Call me later." She gave me a hug,  got up and left. I laid back on my bed and sighed. I began to think about Brandon. Why did he leave? Was it something with his pack? I huffed and pulled a pillow onto my face. I let out a scream. I removed the pillow and got up. I looked around my room. My eyes landed on a unfinished book that I started a few months ago, Girl v. Boy by Yvonne Collins & Sandy Rideout. I sat back on the bed and reached for the book. I began reading it, it was quite interesting, the words just sucked me in, until I got a text on my phone.

From Brandon:

Meet me in the woods in 10 minutes.

Why the hell did he want me to meet him in the woods? I quickly reply to his impossible request.

To Brandon:

I can't get out. My dad has guards posted in front of my room. Sorry.

I lied and  put my phone back down and finished my page. A few minutes after I sent the text, I start to hear a knock at my window. I looked towards my window and nothing was there. I walk up to the window and look around then I start to hear this noise. "Pssss. Christie." It whispers. "Down here." I look down and see a figure standing there.

"Who is that?" I questioned, scared,  but ready to attack.

"Its me, Brandon." I rolled my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked looking behind me.

"Sneaking you out." He whispered in a 'duh' tone.

"No you are not. My dad will kill me." I glared at him. "Do you have a death wish?"

"Come on live a little." I look around my room and think.

"Fine, give me a minute." I huffed.

Picture of John >>>>>>