Chapter 2 - A Not So Normal Run

I wake up the next morning ready to train. This is the first time in a while I have been excited to actually train. I get dressed and walk downstairs to the kitchen, seeing my mom and my dad whispering. My mom glares at my father with her green eyes.

"What's with all the whispers?" I ask.

"Nothing. No training today. I have a meeting. It probably won't end until late tonight." My dad tells me with a look of stress in his blue eyes.

"Of course you do." I hear my mom grumble and play with her dark hair.

"Karen" my father starts, but my mom walks away.

Okay

"Well, I'm going for a run." I say, and I go to grab my iPod. Once I find it, I make my way back down the stairs and out the door. I begin to run to my favorite song on this planet, "Titanium" by David Guetta ft. Sia.

Running down my usual path, my volume is set to low so I can be alert. I begin thinking to myself. I can't believe I met my mate last night, and I ran. While running, I hear something behind me. I turn around and see nothing. When I focus back on my run, my body collides with another body, causing me to fall on the ground.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry." He exclaims. Then I start to smell the pine and chocolate scent from last night. I look up at the attractive boy to see it is Brandon Whitfield, my mate. He reaches out his hand and helps me up. I stare into his intoxicating blue eyes. It's like they're staring into my soul. I start to realize I probably look like a crazy person, staring at him. I speak, no blurt.

"I'm Christie." I hold out my hand. Nice Chris, real smooth.

"Brandon." He replies, shaking my hand. When our skin makes contact, it's electrifying. I quickly pull my hand from his. "Again, I'm sorry for bumping into you." He apologizes while staring deeply into my eyes. It was then, I noticed the black eye forming and the bruise on his stomach. I decide to brush it off.

"It's fine." I assure him as I dust the dirt from my butt. I look up at him to see him still staring at me. "I better get going before my mom starts to worry." I say.

I turn around and run back home. I can feel his eyes burning a hole in my back. He was so calm, not like others. Most werewolves when they find their mate, they immediately jump their mates bones or become the most possessive wolves ever, but he was calm. I find that strange, but I have to admit, I like that he's different.

I arrive home just in time to ask my father if I could go with him to his meeting, and agrees. Usually at this time, mom goes in her room and tries to keep herself busy while dad's away. I run into my room to take a quick shower and change into jeans and a minion t-shirt.

I still can't believe I met my mate. The one that was made for me.

There's a knock on my door and I'm surprised to see my mom. She walks in and sits at the end of my bed, watching my every move. I turn around and she stares deeply into my eyes.

"You found your mate didn't you?" She asks out of the blue. I stare at her in shock.

"How did you know?" I question, surprised.

"That's the same look I had when I met your father." She scoffs

"Mom, can we talk about this when me and dad get back? He's waiting for me." I say, rushing to get out of this conversation.

"I'm holding you to that." She says pointedly to me. I smile sweetly and leave my room and walk out of the front door. I step into my dad's car and we leave, making our way to the meeting hall a few towns over.

"Dad, how long do you think it will take to get there?"

"I don't know sweetie, but I do suggest that you get some rest so you won't fall asleep during this meeting." He laughs.

"Dad," I say. I plan on telling him before mom does. She's quite the chatterbox. Plus, never keep secrets from my family, no matter how big. At least not for a long period of time.

"Yes?"

"I found my mate this morning." Technically, not a lie, but I don't want to be the one to rat out the neighboring pack.

"Who is it?" He questions calmly. Many children get scared at seeing their parents are too angry. Me? I get frightened when he's too calm.See, my dad always told me no wolf was good enough for me, Alpha or not. When my sister and I were little, he would tell us to reject our mate. I never knew if he was serious or not. I guess I will find out soon enough.

"Brandon Whitfield." My dad doesn't like Brandon. He has quite a reputation around here. Apparently, he sleeps with anything that moves. I don't judge people, so that's not what I see when I look at Brandon.

"Hmm, you met him this morning you say?" He questions.

"Yeah, while I was on my morning run." I say, watching the road.

"You sure you didn't meet him at that party last night?" I stare at him. What the actual fuck?! "There was a fight last night between him and Mike. A few others were involved, but it started with those two." He explains.

"Oh.." I bite my lip. That's why he was all bruised this morning. He got into a fight.

Brandon's Point Of View

She just walked away. It took everything out of me to not follow her. I can't believe how cool I reacted to her, she may think I'm not interested. My Beta and best friend, Aaron, comes out of the nearby bush shortly after she starts to walk away. I sensed he was there. He looks at her, then to me.

"Is that her?" He asks, looking back to her.

"Yep, she's beautiful isn't she?"

"Very. If she was my mate..." He teases. Aaron is one of the smartest wolves that I know. I'm glad to have him on my team. Plus, he knows alot about every pack, alive or dead.

"What do you know about her?" I ask curiously.

"Well, she is apart of the Yellow Star Pack. Her father? Alpha Gold," I groan while he chuckles, "She spends most of her time training, and if she is not training, she is either with her mom, sister, or with her dad at an Alpha meeting." He tells me.

"Alpha meeting? What he doesn't spend time with her? Besides, you might be wrong this time. I have been to all those meetings, not once have I seen her with Alpha Gold." I raise my eyebrows.

"He keeps her away from the young Alpha's, such as yourself." He laughs.

"What is she even doing at an Alpha meeting?"

"She studies her dad. I heard she is next in line to become the Alpha. He has taught her everything she knows."

"You know this how?"

"I overheard her talking to Alpha Greenwich. He hounded her with questions and she was more than happy to answer."

"You should be a spy."

"Yeah,no thanks." He laughs. "But we do have to make that meeting, who knows she may be there."

I push him playfully. "Let's go."

We walk away from the trail and go home to get cleaned up and change. I'm actually hoping that she will be there. "Christie." I mumbled to myself.

We run in and quickly get dressed. We get into the car and drive to the meeting hall, a two hour drive. The whole time, I think about Christie. Her eyes, her voice, and her body, which obviously hasn't been touched, just how it should be. I really hope she's there.

Picture of Brandon >>>>>>>