Chapter One: Daughter's of the Alpha {Rewritten}

Dark grey skies and raindrops sliding down my window. That was my view this afternoon as I stared out at the downpour wreaking havoc on our dirt driveway. I pull my knees up to my chest, laying my head against them and trying not to let out the sigh of annoyance that was desperate to slip through.

A knock on my bedroom door had me lifting my head and already standing on my feet. Jason peeks in. "Ready kiddo?"

"As I'll ever be," I grumble before freeing the sigh from the confines of my esophagus. "but look at that downpour. You honestly can't expect for us to get anything accomplished in this."

Jason lets out a sigh of his own, rubbing his forehead. "Chris,"

"Come on! Don't you want to go home? Cuddle with your mate? This is cuddle weather!" More like good napping weather, but I'm not going to tell him that.

Jason stares at me, scolding me. That shut me up. "What do we say?" He asks. I couldn't help my head from falling as I found sudden interest in my carpet. Please not this again. "What. Do. We. Say?" Jason questions more slowly, demanding me to lift my head and stand proudly. I do so, clearing my throat.

"Rain or shine, we always train." I chant the decades old mantra he and my father lived by as young boys. Jason wasn't my blood, but he was my family. He is my father's best friend and my godfather. He helped raise my sister and me.

Jason grins. "Get to moving," he says to me and lets me walk out of the room first. My feet drag the rest of my body out of the bedroom, my hood already raised over my head. I shuffle down my stairs, really attempting to drag out this moment before my warm tan skin is violated by the freezing cold rain. I could hear Jason's soft chuckle before I heard him.

"Chris!" My dad's voice boomed throughout our three-story home and immediately my feet picked up, half running out of the front door and into the forest, nearing the familiar clearing. Jason's laugh could be heard far behind me. With a roll of my eyes and strict determination to not be affected by the rain, I begin my stretches before he caught up with me.

Jason said nothing when he finally caught up with me, just began to stretch next to me. My father wasn't strict about much, but when it came to my training, he didn't except laziness. He used to be the same with my sister until she turned 18. Then, her trainings just stopped. She was free to do whatever she wanted, even go get her medical degree far from home. I couldn't wait until I turned 18 so I could be free of sore limbs and ice baths. But here I am, 19 and still being forced to train. When I finished my stretches, I rise to my feet, jumping in place and getting my body prepared for quick movement and my senses prepared for everything else. Jason stands as well.

"Even in a heavy rain," Jason starts, speaking calmly despite the heavy rainfall. "your opponent can get the best of you. Today's focus, use the rain as a tool." He paces in front of me. "Be creative, and I'll even make it interesting for you. If you can pin me within the next hour, we can finish early." I grin, already celebrating victory. Jason has strength, but I have speed and stamina, but it wouldn't be easy, and I would expect nothing less from him. We circle each other, each one waiting for the other to strike first. Rush him, you'll lose. You're not as graceful in this body. My wolf reminds me, and I try not to roll my eyes. I focus on my opponent. The rain as created a muddy mess around us.

"Won't dad be mad that you cut training short?" I ask/ distract as we circle each other in the clearing. Jason scoffs.

"I'm your teacher, I can cut training short whenever I like." Jason says as the rain began to pour even harder onto our heads. This is my chance. I sprint toward him, slipping in the mud and sliding toward him. I

make a move toward his feet, only for him to jump in the air and away from me. He laughs. "Chris, you know better." I move to my feet, laughing.

"I had to try." I get into my stance, legs shoulder length apart and fists up as my uncle comes toward me. He throws the first punch toward my torso, almost making contact. I block the hit, using the opportunity to elbow him in the face. He stumbles back and I smirk.