Kabanata 37

Kabanata 37

Jealous

Tob went to Cebu to fix some things. He's going to meet Maricar Garcia. They went to a restaurant to talk about his new proposal. They already reserved a table so the waiter just led them to where they should sit. 

"Can't I change your mind?" Maricar asked her face looking so disappointed. 

"I already have someone in my mind. But I think you'll still be in good hands. My friend is a good painter," he said then sipped his wine. 

He already chose Maricar Garcia as his model but something came up. His friend asked a favor from him about this matter. His friend wanted Maricar Garcia but in return he would find him a new model. 

His friend called three days ago to tell him that he already found a model.

"Bro may nahanap na akong model para sayo. I know hindi mo ito pagsisisihan," masayang balita nito. 

"You sounded so happy about the choice. Then why you want Marica-"

"Here we go again. Basta Bro you'll meet her at my house. I'll message you the other details. Thank you so much man." 

That's why he's meeting her to talk about this matter personally. They were almost finished with their meal when they heard someone talked. Napatingin sila sa banda. May sinabi ang vocalist about the yellow ribbon thing. Then a loud cheer echoed inside the restaurant at the far end table. 

Napadako ang tingin niya sa grupo at ang ibang nandito rin sa restaurant. The man stood up and offered his hand to the woman who's wearing a white off shoulder dress. He didn't know why deep inside he hoped she wouldn't take his offer. 

The cheer became louder as she took his hand and she stood up. His gut tighten when he saw her face. Instantly, anger flashed into his eyes and whole system. He gritted his teeth and clenched his jaw. They went towards the middle of the ballroom. The man's hand went to Fej's back and drew her closer. He wanted to punch the man's face right now but he didn't want to create a scene. 

They started dancing. He never left his stare until her eyes met his. He saw her stiffen when she realized his anger. Good. She knew how he hated it when she's with another man. His phone suddenly rang so he excused his self for a while and went outside. After the call, he decided to remain where he was so he just texted called Maricar to come out. He'd better left than witness that damn scene. 

Friday. He drove his car to his friend's house. Doon daw kasi napagkasunduan na magkikita ng napiling modelo. Pumasok ang sasakyan niya sa malaking gate ng mansion at napansin niyang may nakaparada ng sasakyan. Sa tingin niya ay ito ang sasakyan ng modelo. Lumabas siya ng kotse at sumalubong sa kanya ang mayordoma. 

May sinabi sa kanya ang mayordoma at napatango lamang siya. Dumiretso na siya sa loob ng bahay at pinuntahan ang kwarto kung saan ito naghihintay. Ang pinagtataka niya ay bakit sa kwarto pa. Wala ngayon ang kaibigan niya dahil makikipagkita ito kay Maricar. 

He slowly turned the knob and pushed he door to open. He was about to take step forward but suddenly he stopped when he saw a woman in her back wearing a red robe. He was taken aback when she takes off the robe and revealed her naked body. His breathing hitched when the woman slowly turned around. 

What the hell was she doing here? 

  "What the fuck are you doing here showing your naked body?" His voice was full of menace and anger.