Kabanata 11

Kabanta 11

Pagnanasa

The next morning, Fej dialed the number that was being written on the blue sticky note.

She was standing on the terrace of her room, watching and enjoying the morning view of the mountain. She was tapping her fingers on the railings, as she grew impatient upon waiting the next line to pick up.

The phone was ringing for how many times. No one answered so she dialed again. She went back to bed while the phone was still ringing. 

After four rings, she heard the line being connected.

"Who's this?" he asked as his bedroom voice chilled her skin.

She wonder what he looked like in a rumpled bed. She bit her lower lip.

"I-ts me..." she murmured.

Natigilan ang nasa kabilang linya at narinig niya ang pagbuntong-hininga nito. Maybe he's pissed for calling him at this early time of the day and also for getting his phone number without asking permission. But she did ask anyway. Ayaw lang nitong ibigay ang cell number nito. 

"Hmm. Bakit napatawag ka?" 

"Aren't you going to scold me for getting your number secretly?" she nervously asked. 

"What's the point? Nakuha mo na ang number ko," he retorted. 

"I, ahmm... s-orry. I just want to check Rowan's condition," mahinang sambit niya. "And I also wanted to check on you." She kept the last thought to herself. 

"He's fine. He can use now his injured foot." 

She nodded even if she knew he can't see it. 

"That's good to hear. C-an I come over to your house?" She prayed that he would say yes but then again she knew him well enough. He would probably say no.

"No." 

Her heart sank. See? He's so impossible!

"I'm busy today," he added. "But you can come some other time." 

Her body froze. Did he just said that she could come to his house?

 She covered her mouth using her left hand and she squealed in delight. Nagpagulong-gulong siya sa kama na parang baliw. 

"Are you still there?"  

Umayos siya ng higa at tumikhim bago sumagot. 

"Yeah. So see you soon. Bye." 

She ended the call and went out in the room singing. 

The next day, Fej went to the kitchen to cook some food. Pagkatapos maghanda ay nagpaalam siya sa kanyang Lola. She followed the trail going to Tob's house. Hindi na siya natatakot maglakad na mag-isa. She got used to it and she knew where she's going unlike before. 

She felt like she's in a Twilight movie as she walked through the dense forest. She and Minz got addicted to it because Edward Cullen was one of a heck hot vampire. Kung ganun kagwapo ang isang vampira ay magpapakagat ka talaga. 

Ilang sandali pa ay tanaw na niya ang bahay ni Tob. She smiled as she walked closer. She really love the way his house was built. 

Kumatok siya ng lang beses pero mukhang tahimik ang bahay. She tried to open the door but its lock. Napasimangot siya. Sinipa niya ang pintuan pero naparaay din pagkatapos. 

"Shit! Ang sakit! Nasaan na ba ang mag-amang 'yon? He's so mean! Baka hindi talaga siya sincere sa sinabi niya. Humanda sa akin ang Tob na 'yon! Kainis!" Hindi maipinta ang mukha niya sa sobrang pagkairita.