Kabanata 10

Kabanata 10

Phone Number

Rowan came back together with her Tita Mag. A waiter followed behind them. She suspected that they knew each other already. Tumayo siya para salubungin ang Tita niya.

"Tita, you know Rowan and his father?" she asked in a low voice.

Nauna na si Rowan sa table at nilalapag na ng waiter ang mga pagkain.

"Yes. Why Iha? I bet you also know them. Rowan just mentioned your name earlier. You lost in the mountain and got hurt and Rowan happened to meet you. Are you okay now?" concern nitong tanong.

Tumango siya.

"I'm okay now Tita. Nasugatan lang po ang tuhod ko at it was healed already. Thanks to them. They helped me when I was hopeless."

Ngumiti ang Tita niya at sinulyapan ang mag-ama.

"That two handsome fellas have a good heart. They usually come here every Sunday to bond and to buy fresh vegetables. Even though Tob is blind, he isn't invalid. He takes good care of Rowan," there was a hint of appreciation on her Tita's voice.

From the looks of it, he's really a responsible man despite of his blindness.

"What's his real name Tita?" hindi napigilang tanong niya.

"Tobias Levi Larson. O siya, halika ka na at puntahan na natin ang mag-ama." 

Even his name sounded so masculine, damn!

Sinabayan nilang kumain ang mag-ama. From time to time ay sumasali siya sa usapan. Hindi niya magawang kumain ng marami kahit masarap ang pagkain dahil nakatuon ang atensiyon niya kay Tob. She was amazed how he ate so effortlessly and neatly. Maybe he got used to being blind that the usual movement of a normal man, he has done it like he wasn't blind.

Nag-excuse sandali si Rowan dahil magsicr daw muna ito. Sinamahan naman ng Tita niya ang bata. Now they are alone again.

Her eyes fixed on him. She couldn't take her eyes off of him. He was just too beautiful and handsome that taking her eyes away from him would be a sin.

He took a spoonful of food and the sauce of the food smeared at the side of his sexy damn lips. Seems like her hands has a mind on their own and she leaned forward. She was caught off guard when he moved his head to his left. His face was so close that she found it hard to breath.

He was even more handsome from a closer look. He has a nice pair of eyes - a darker shades of gray that could flutter every woman's heart.

"Don't move," she murmured and reached the side of his lips to clean the mess.

Bahagya itong napaigtad sa ginawa niya at nag-iwas ng tingin. Siya man ay nailang din sa nagawa niya. She bit the inside of her cheeks and went back to her seat.

Tahimik lang silang dalawa nang bumalik ang Tita niya at si Rowan. Tapos na silang kumain kaya nagtungo na sila sa vegetable farm ng Tita niya. May kasama silang lalaki na taga-harvest.

Rowan hopped around the farm. He was enjoying his self roaming around.

"Rowan be careful. You might step on the vegetables!" paalala ni Tob sa anak.

"Yes Dad!"

Ilang sandali pa ay nakarinig sila ng sigaw. Fej looked horrified as she saw Rowan on the ground. Bigla niyang tinakbo ang bata at tinayo ito.

"Rowan are you okay? May masakit ba sayo? Are you hurt?" sunod-sunod na tanong niya.

"My right foot hurts," Rowan answered and winched in pain.