Chapter 13

*Zoe's P.O.V.*

It's 7:30am when my phone rings, it's Alfie. what would he want this early?

"Hello," I answer the phone.
"You need to pick up Joe and Ariana now!" he hollers into the phone.
"But, why? It's 7:30?"
"JUST DO IT" He screams.
"Alfie, why are you yelling at me? It's not my fault Stacie cheated on you with Joe. And that was like, last year."
"I said, just do it,"

He ended the call. I could feel anger boiling up inside me, like I could explode any minute.

Ever since Stacie cheated on Alfie with Joe, he knew he couldn't take it out on either of them, he's taken his anger out on me. Never has he physically hurt me, but whenever he gets angry, he yells at me like it was all my fault.

I ring Ariana and tell her I'm coming.

As Ari and Joe climb in the car, I decide to ignore them because I know looking at Joe will make me mad.

I order us breakfast at McDonalds and continue driving. Every word Joe says, every comment he makes, every breath he takes makes he mad. I should never be this angry, mad disappointed - how ever you want to put it - at my brother. But I am.

As we arrive back home, I feel someone following me. Ariana, I tell her I'm filming a video so I can't talk. She leaves and I film a quick favourites video.

My phone rings again, I wish he'd leave me out of his problems.

"Hello"
"Something needs to be done about that man whore-" Alfie starts.
"My brother is not a man whore!"
"Whatever, you need to do something for me."
"No! I'm finished being in the middle of this. I refuse to cause my own brother misery, because you hate him. He's my brother, and I'm finished being upset at him because of you!" man standing up for myself and Joe is amazing.
"Oh no, you have this all wrong. You will either push him and Ariana apart, or I will." he growls.
"Why do you want them apart?"
"Because I want him to feel pain, to feel rejected. And you don't want me to do if now do you?"

I start crying at the thought of basically torturing Joe. He loves Ariana, he doesn't know it, but he does and I can't stop that.

"And yeah that's what happened" I say to Ari.