Chapter Four

I wake to the feeling of someone or something move onto my bed. I ignore it, thinking its the family pet.... they don't have a pet. I open my eyes to find Joe sitting on the end of my bed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," he whispers tiredly.
"Then what did you mean to do?" I ask a bit too harshly.
"Honestly, I have no idea. I- I just, I don't know," he manages to stumble out. "I'll just leave."
"No, I'm awake now talk." I say sitting up a bit.

There wasn't much light as the power was still cut. But I could see his silhouette and a few features, I could tell that he was wearing a singlet and boxers. It's a bit chilly tonight for a singlet and boxers.

"Well I know now isn't a good time to say but, Zoe told me that you have a crush on me." Joe says.

I think he could sense that I wasn't happy with what I just said so he continued talking.

"Well, I was wondering if that if you did like me, which may or may not be ridiculous, that I might like you back but wouldn't it be ridiculous if the best friend of my sister was my girlfriend, but maybe that's not so ridiculous, is it?" Joe said taking a huge breath in.
"What?" I said, not understanding a single word he just said.
He sighed "I didn't exactly want to say this but. I know you like me, I like you back. But would it be bad if we went out together? Considering that Zoe is your friend and my sister?"
"Um, I don't know. Wait, you like me?" I say.
"Yes,"
"Oh, can we please leave this for the morning? It's too early in the morning for my brain to process."
"Yep, good night Ari." he says standing.
"Night Joe."

A/N: sorry if this Chapters lame guys, it's 10:30pm here in New Zealand, I have school tomorrow so I should probably stop.
Please, Vote, Follow if you like my writing, and please share this story.
;)night guys x