Coffee Shop

“I’m not going to school today.”

“Why?” I whined.

“Because if you just didn’t hear me I was puking in the restroom.” She pointed towards the door.

I indeed heard her throwing up. I just didn’t want to walk to school.

“I did.” I nodded. “Give me a ride to school, yeah?”

She gave me a bitter laugh. “No.” She said sternly. She went over to her bed and plopped down.

I looked over to the clock to see I had an hour before we usually left to school.

“How’s Michael.” I winked at Gwen. She let out a groan and stuffed her face into the pillow.

“Good.” She said getting over it as fast as it begun. “He actually asked me out.” She mumbled.

“What!” I screeched.

Gwen hide under the covers. I got up and jumped on top of her.

“Aw!” I cooed taking the covers off of her.

“You are going to make me throw up on you.” She threatened.

“You wouldn’t” I glared at her.

“Oh but I would” She smiled.

I got off of her and sat on her bed. I brought my knees up to my chest and waited for her to spill the beans.

“Well on Saturday when you were with Luke, I was with Michael.” She started. “He took me to the movies and then took me to his house where we watched another movie.” She smiled. “But the last movie was the best.” She added. “Then on the way home he asked me.”

“You said yes right!”

She nodded.

“And you barely tell me now?” I exclaimed.

“Well you were at the airport all day yesterday.” She was right I was with Luke all day. I helped him packed in the morning and then we drove to the airport where he left.

“You’re correct.” I mumbled.

I got up and walked over to the closet to get ready for the day. “What would look good.” I said rummaging through the clothes. “These joggers or these jeans?” I said pulling out printed joggers and black jeans.

“The joggers with a crop top and cardigan.” Gwen said from where she was. “And do that messy bun you did back in Maine, I miss it.”

I nodded and went over to the bathroom.

-

I walked into physics class with the expectation to see the seat behind me empty, but to my surprise the blond irish boy was there. I walked over to my seat and put my bag down. I sat down and turned around.

“I better not fail this semester because of you.” I grumbled. He winked at me and got up. He went over to Mr. Higgins and left afterwards.

The tardy bell rang and Mr. Higgins got up in front of the class.

“Okay class we are walking to the basketball court where I have set up the egg drop.” He said opening the door.

We all got up and walked over to the basketball court. We walked towards the back court instead of the one in the gym. Everyone had their projects in their hands except for me. Even Louis had his and Gwen wasn’t here.

We got to the court and someone was already there.

Niall.

He noticed me and walked over to me, with our project in his hands. “I got you.” He winked at me. I gave him a glare and nodded.

“Who would like to go first.” Mr.Higgins said from the top of the ladder he had set up.

“We will.” Niall spoke up. Mr. Higgins nodded and Niall went to take him the protected egg.

“Okay we will test from the second step first. “

He stood on the second step and let the parachute drop.

“Nial check if its okay.”

Niall went over to and and checked it . He gave a thumbs up and handed it over to Mr. Higgins who got up on the fourth then the sixth and the eighth and finally the tenth.

“Hannaley and Nial you guys passed this grading period.” Mr. Higgins smiled.

I couldn’t help but let a smile grow on my face. Niall who was with Louis walked over to me.

He leaned into me a bit. “I would never let you down.” He whispered seductively in my ear.

-

“You got an A.” I said to Gwen.

“Yay!” She cheered causing me to pull my phone away from my ear.

I’m currently walking home since Gwen didn’t go to school. I was just getting out of the school when Gwen called me asking about the project.

“Yeah okay see you back home in a bit.” I said hanging up the phone.

I crossed the parking lot seeing a familiar Audi.

“Hannaley!”

I turned around to see Niall jogging over to me.

“Yes?” I propped an eyebrow at him.

“I'll take you home"

I shook my head and kept on walking. 

"Come on I don't want you to walk." He whined with a pout at the end. 

The way his lips stuck out was so cute. 

"Okay." I gave in. 

He smiled and dragged me with him. He opened the door for me and I sat down. He closed the door and went to the drivers side. He plopped down and turned on the engine. He finally drove off the schools parking lot and into the streets. 

After a few minutes of silence he spoke up. "I'm hungry." 

I nodded in response. What did he want me to do? Feed him. 

"I'm going somewhere." He announced. I was going to protest but he cut me off. "And you're coming with me." 

I didn't respond I just looked out the window. The view was just a blur. 

I was about to doze off but Niall brought me back. 

"We're here." His voice echoed. 

I looked up to see a cafe. It was a small cute cafe with tables outside. 

We both walked out of the car at the same time and walked into the cafe. 

The smell of coffee instantly filled my nose. There was various breads behind the glass.

There was a middle aged women behind the counter. Other than that there wasn't any other people in there. 

"How may I help you?" She smiled us. 

I smiled back at her and looked at Niall. He had a big grin on his face. 

"What would you like Hannaley?"

"May I get an iced coffee and a banana nut bread." I said politely. 

"Sure thing." The lady chirped. 

"I want a mocha frappe, a chocolate muffin and a croissant."

The lady nodded. "Honey why don't you go sit down." She told me. 

I looked over at Niall and he nodded. 

I walked over to a booth in the back and sat down there. 

Seconds later Niall sat down across from me. “So we passed.” Niall smiled at me.

“I know.” I smiled back.

“I would never let you down.”

In that moment I saw that his words were genuine. And I knew I could believe him.