I'll be fine

Lance leans on the side of the elevator wall as he watches numbers go up to 5. The elevator stops and the door opens. Lance takes a deep breath and goes to room 524.

      "Hey Katie." "Hi Lance." Lance said as he walks to next to Pidge on her bed. "How you been?" He asks as he takes Pidges hand. "I've been better, you?" She asks as she sets up on the bed. "Worrying about you." Lance said  as he holds Pidge's hand tightly.

        "I'm fine, Lance. I'll be fine. If I can fight off an army of Glara soldiers, then I can deal with lung cancer." Pidge says squeezes his in return. "Can't believe you called me to cut your hair, after it finally got past your shoulders." Lance said with a sad smile. "Yeah, but it's gonna get in the way in the long run anyway."

      "Do you really want me to?" He asks as Lance brushes his fingers though Katie's hair. "Yeah." Lance takes a lock of Katie's hair and kisses it. "You me to cut it all off or have it as long as mine?" Lance asks. "The doctor said the cheom is gonna thin it out. So just a little bit longer then yours."  Pidge said as she ruffled Lance's hair.

        "All done." Lance said as brushes some of the light brown hair off her shoulder. Pidge looked up at Lance and smiled. "I love it." Lance smiled and kiss Katie's forehead. "Glad to help out Katie."  Pidge hugs Lance and checks her phone. "Need to take my meds." He nods and hands Pidge her pills and some water.

       "Ate some wonder bread time for bed." Pidge said as walked to her room. Lance followed Katie to her room and sat down on her bed. "You want me to spend the night?" He asks. "Would be lonely if you didn't." She said as change in her pajamas. "So that's a yes?" "What do you think?" Lance and Pidge smiled and layed down on the little bed.

       "you scared for tomorrow?" "Of course I am."Pidge said as hugs Lance. "You'll be fine Katie. I promise." "You can't promise everything will turn out fine." "Don't talk like that Katie." Lance said as holds her in his arms tightly. "I'm sorry Lance." "It's fine, you need to sleep though."

"Yeah."

        No one fell asleep. The two just keep their eyes open all night. Mutterings things the other couldn't understand. The day came and Pidge smiled as Lance dropped her off at hospital with her brother. "I'll see you soon Lance." She says as she gets out the door of the car. "Bye Katie."

         Lance was about gets out of the parking lot when hear Pidge call his name.

         "Lance!" He turned round and saw her running to his car. "What is Katie?!" " I love you,I'll  be fine. Don't worry." She said as kissed his lips. Lance smiles and holds her hand. "I know you'll be fine, but I'm gonna worry." "Is that why your not gonna wait with Matt?" "If do I'm pass out from stress Katie." Lance laughs. "I get it... I'll be fine." "I know you will be Katie." Lance smiles and kisses Katie's forehead.

        "I love you."

<you can't tell me that Lance doesn't call Pidge Katie when it's a touching moment. Also I did do some research about chemo and radiation therapy while writing this, but it was to a degree so forgive me if I got anything wrong or if I offended you in some way I am sorry. And to the ones fighting cancer. I can only wish you good luck, you'll be fine. Later loves♡>