playlist

"Hey has anybody seen Lance?" Pidge asked as she looked around the control room. As if on cue the doors opened showing a really tired Lance. "Lance why are you late!" Allura said very irritated at the blue Paladin. "I'm sorry, I couldn't sleep last night." "It's fine Lance, but you need to rest. We wouldn't want our sharpshooter to lack in aim." Shiro says, cutting him some slack.

       Lance nods and heads over to his seat and plops down trying to stay wake. The dark circles under his eyes have gotten more  prominent over the course of the week. 'How is no one noticing this?' Pidge thinks as she looks over at her friend. Yeah Pidge as been know to be able to have many all-nighter but she got her sleep back someway. Lance on the other looks like he's been avoiding sleep all together.

       As Allura finishs talking about the next  course of action Pidge gets out her seat and walks over to Lance. "Hey you ok Lance? You haven't been sleeping a lot lately." "What do you mean? I'm fine, I've just had a few rough nights that's all." Lance says trying not to worry the little gremlin. "I don't believe you. Come on we have like a day before we need to land for supplies you should get some rest." "Pidge thanks for the  concern but It's a training day." Lance get out of his seat and heads to the deck.

      Still worried about Lance, Pidge partner up him so the others don't hurt him badly during sparing. Once they were done the paladins went off to do whatever. Pidge head to the green lion's hanger and immediately clicked the song folder on her laptop. Looking though the songs she had Pidge picked out the most calming, and comforting songs and made a playlist on to an old Mp3 player.

        After looking over the playlist to see if all the songs were there Pidge nods and put the Mp3 in her pocket. Checking the time on the laptop Pidge went off to find Lance.

       She looked all over the castle for Lance but couldn't find him. "Where is he?" Pidge said as she walk out of his room. As the green Paladin was about to turn the corner she bumps into something. "Oh sorry Pidge I didn't see you." Pidge looked up to see Lance rubbing his neck. "It's fine, where have you been? I haven't seen you since training." Lance looked away for a bit and sighed. "I've been with blue that's all. Shouldn't you be asleep by the way? it like 12:45 Earth time."

      Pidge looked up at with an 'are you kidding me' kinda face and said. "Lance you know better most that I can last at least 5 night with out sleep. You haven't slept for about 9. I'm worried about you." "Pidge, Thanks for the concern but I'm fine." He insists.

     "Well then, let me stay up with you." "What?" "You heard me, I'm gonna put an all nighter with you." Pidge said as she walks to Lance's room. "Why are you doing this?" "Because I know it's gets boring when up all by yourself... I also wanted to give you this." Pidge tosses a navy blue Mp3 towards Lance. He turns it on and goes playlist to what songs it had. Lance smiles as he looks it over the playlist.

     "I know you have my headphones here already so you can put on." Pidge said as she sits on chair."I could do that, or we can just listen to the track together instead." Lance offers still looking at Mp3. Pidge looked over at him kinda surprised. " you Really want to?" The blue Paladin nods as he sits on the bed and pats the next to him. Pidge gets up from the chair and sits next to Lance.

         He plays the first song on playlist and lays down. "I might be able to sleep tonight thing to this." "Why haven't you able to sleep lately by the way?" Pidge asks laying too, but her  stomach. "I don't really know, sometimes I'm homesick, other times I think is anxiety that keeps me up. Or just a combination of the two." Lance said as looks up at the ceiling. "No really asked about it so I didn't think much of it."

        "Sorry, we should've ask but you seemed fine until you started getting really groggy." "It's fine, I've dealt with this kinda thing before." Lance looks over at Mp3 and checks the time. 1:36 a.m. Earth time."

...

       The room got quite as the next song was loading. As the two waited the keys of a piano started.

You are my sweetest downfall

      "Hey Pidge." "Hmm" "fuck you." Lance said trying not to smile. "Why would you say that?" "Because I've heard this song and I know I'm gonna cry." "Really?" Pidge said not sounding surprised. "You put that in there on purpose didn't you." "Hey I happen to really like that song." "Don't blame me when the covers get wet from tears."  Pidge laughs a turn the song up a little more.

   Your hair was long when we first met

      Lance sang absent mindedly as Pidge tried not sleep. "You didn't know me when I had long hair." "I know, but your hair as been growing out a bit." Lance points out as he plays with a little strand. "It's almost past your shoulders." "Your hair is growing out to. Mostly in back, you might end up with a mullet like Keith soon." Pidge said teasingly. "Tomorrow you're cutting my hair." Lance said in dead serious voice "Why me?!" "Because you did really good on yours."

       Pidge blushed a bit then pushed Lance's hand away. "Alright but it's not that long calm down. Maybe next month." Lance smiled as his eyes started to close. "You wanna sleep?" Pidge asked as she lays her head on her arm. Lance nods a bit as he lets his eyes close completely. "You want me to go or stay?" She asked as the room got quite again, waiting for the next song.

        Lance shakes his head no and opens his eyes. "You wanna sleep here for the rest of the night?" He asks Pidge, still laying down on his bed a foot away from him. "That ok with you?" "Pidge if I wasn't ok with it I would've asked." Lance said laughing a bit. "You can throw on one my shirts if you want to." "I fine thanks." Pidge said as she got up to change. "Well I thought since you steal my jacket all the time you might want one of my shirt." "That was one time! And it was because you stole my headphones." Pidge answered back as she takes off  her shirt and fixes her tank top.

          "Besides your shirts would be a dress on me." "Yeah It would look nice on you." Lance said smirk at the little gremlin. "Don't make regret staying the night with you Lance." Was all Pidge said as she layed down next him. "Goodnight to you too bud." Said Lance as he kiss the top of Pidge's head.