We made it through this far

Dantay/Jacob (Alternative ending)

"Jake?" Dantay's grin widened. "Jakey, I haven't seen you in a while." He licked the blood on his fingers.

"Ugh. You're-"

"Disgusting? Gruesome? Horrid? Really, Jakey... I thought you'd still like me after all we're 'best friends', aren't we?" Dantay threw his head back to let out a laugh. His hysteria echoed through the tightly closed brick walls.

Soulless eyes stared at Jacob. Twisted limbs pointed in every direction. The red and pink mess over everything, it was more than enough to make Jacob faint. "We're enemies."

Dantay ceased his laughter. "Oh, really?"  He picked his knife off the ground. "Are you sure about that?" He inched closer.

"Yes. I-I think."

Dantay frowned. "Were all those fun times together nothing to you?"

"N-no-"

The blade of the knife was cold on Jacob's neck. "It- it meant s-something." The blade pressed deeper. A few beads of blood dripped from a small cut.

"And now little Jakey knows the truth. So, the little "something" means nothing to him now, right? Isn't that right?' Dantay shouted. He pulled the knife away, only to aim it towards Jacob's chest. "I thought that it wouldn't matter to you. I thought that you'd offer to... help me." Dantay lowered his tired eyes. His eyelids were heavy and he could afford to get another layer of black circles. He put down his arm that held the dirty knife. Taking a few steps backwards he said. "I have... done nothing but kill... all I... it's all I know... to kill....I'm sorry that... I can't control myself... anymore..."

Jacob looked for some sort of guilt in his eyes. However those crazed eyes merely wondered from the bodies around them. "I suppose I could help you."

"Ahahahahaa!" Dantay howled. "Liar! I lied! No one could help me. Not now anyway..."

"Please?" Jacob let tears fall. He offered his hand out to him. His hand was pale white under the streetlights. There wasn't a single drop of blood on it. His hand trembled.

Dantay reached his hand out as well. "NO!" Dantay raised his knife again and slashed at Jacob. He slashed and slashed. Jacob was just added to the pile of bodies. "If we're enemies, then why didn't you fight back, Jakey?"

Jacob couldn't answer. He bleed out from the numerous gashes. The light in his blue eyes faded.

"Well, I guess you wouldn't want me to go on, huh?" Dantay mused. "Maybe, no, I won't."