It was all in good fun

Standing in the corner of the bar, he made his way up to me. I sipped my beer enough times to feel dizzy. My cheeks lit up. There was something interesting in the way he held himself. He was all sunlight. When he couldn't walk anymore without falling on top of me, his smile faded. His eyes scanned my entire body. I felt exposed. But I followed his lead. Looking at him was quite fun. He really was sunlight, tan and blonde and brown eyes. What do I say? But his nose touched mine and his lips brushed mine. My hand cupped his face as I leaned in. A single kiss made me curl my toes in. My heartbeat quickened. All the while I was shaking. He took my hand and led me outside. The air was cold on my hot face. He led me around the corner where a small alleyway was darkened by a broken streetlight. My back was thrown against the brick wall. My shirt caught on the sharp cracks. Never once did he speak to me. His lips were always on mine. They pushed and parted. I began to loathe the taste of flesh. But his body fit perfectly into mine. His hands were gentle on my bare skin. Just plain kissing with some touching. It was like we both needed it, someone to show affection to. I could hear the dull hum of the streetlight turning on and basking us in orange light. But the streetlight was more of a spotlight. The world could see us strangers sharing something just because of human desires. Just some fall clothes keep us apart.

Then came the yelling. A lot of voices shouting cruel words at us. They pulled him away by his jacket. The warmth of his body left me. Everything passed by in a blur. Running and running. He was screaming at me to run. There was a group of people surrounding him. I reached out for him. Something red pooled at their feet. He kept screaming for me to go. I could only press myself tighter against the wall. Sound of bones cracking on the pavement filled my ears. I tried to scream. I opened my mouth but silence came out. The group of people disbanded, leaving me untouched. I unglued myself from the wall. My feet didn't work right. I stumbled to him. His eyes were still brown, he was still sunlight splattered in red. My knees gave out from underneath me. I fell into the pool of red. Tears streamed down my face and on to his, he remained unfazed by it. His eyes looked on but saw nothing not even me. I hope he meant to get to know me. If we were going to hook up, I hope he'd call me back. Why did they do it? Was it because I was the same as him? I was a guy. And I didn't even learn his name. We could have fallen in love, gotten married, grew old together. Or we could have just been great friends, someone to talk to. Something as simple and innocent as a kiss. With hands on hips and faces. I kept crying with just the streetlight for warmth.