I've Got You

Uncle Mountain- The Fire Theft

No Light, No Light- Florence + The Machine

Time-Bomb- All Time Low

Remain Nameless- Florence + The Machine

Spectrum- Florence + The Machine

I first made up Billy back in 8th grade. He was merely a doodle on notebook paper then. He was a little emo kid with lots of emotions. With retractable wings and claws of course. Then he became my “imaginary friend”. My real friends liked to voice their opinion on who he should be. Then he made some friends. Then he was on drugs then he was a slut then he was a murderer. Then he was gay. Then he was a tanned Italian with muscles. But he will always be a little emo kid with lots of emotions. With retractable wings and claws of course. But I grew up and so did he. Three and a half years and counting. Even though he was born in darkness and all of his friends are weird, he has humanity. It's the last thing he'd want to loose. He feels love and lust and hope and betrayal. I love Billy maybe because he's often confused and tries hard but not hard enough. I love Billy maybe because he's like me. (8/16/12)

I'm drifting to sleep even though I'm fully dressed and the covers are under me. Somewhere I can hear footsteps. They come closer to me. “What?” I groan sleepily.

“Hey.” The voice is familiar but somehow it sounds lower. I flutter my eyes open and sit up.

“How long has it been?”

“Too long.” he speaks in a whisper. I missed the roughness of his tone.

I blink tears out of my eyes. “Why has it been so long since I last saw you?”

He takes a step closer. “I needed time.”

“I gave you time.” I swallow. “I told you everything is fine.”

“But that was a lie.”

I shake my head. “No.” I can't fight these tears. I hear them fall to the floor, the only thing to break the slow forming silence between us. He changed. He is taller now, much taller than me. His hair is cut shorter and his clothes are nicer. He wears a grey suit that fit him perfectly. Freckles are still splattered across his face. I want to touch him. Just hold him for a while. I clear my throat.

“Everything is fine now.”

I glare at him. “It was before. You could have stayed with me.”

“You know that every day I was becoming more like-”

“Me.” I finished for him. “You were becoming more like me. A cruel and sick-”

He put both hands on my shoulders. “Stop it. I was falling, fading. You weren't as bad as me. You never were.” His green eyes meet mine.

“Now look who's lying.” I stare him down until he lets me go.

“William.” he sighs my full name. He never called me “Billy” like everyone else.

“Charlee.” I mumble. I haven't said his name in the longest time. It sounds foreign. “I want you in my life again. But you left me alone when I needed you most.” He kneels down so he can reach my level. I sit on my bed and pull my legs up to my chest. “I loved you.”

“Why past tense?”

“I'm over you.” I lie through my teeth. But the sob that escapes my throat gives me away. Charlee wraps his arms around me to pull me close to him. I embrace him back despite my brain's protests. “I missed you so much.” I cry. “It hurt when you left. It hurt so much, Char.” He kisses the top of my head but doesn't talk, he just listens. “I blamed myself. I still do. And I'm not over you I never was. I tried so hard to let you go. I'm so glad you're back but I can't trust you anymore. Tomorrow you might as well just walk out the door. This is probably only a dream.”