Chapter 48 - The Boy Who Lived

I tried to make the article about Kyle look like it was from a magazine or something and just know that I am not good with this stuff so...I sincerely apologise if its terrible

_____

Chapter 48 - The Boy Who Lived

|Rose's P.O.V|

Later that night, after returning from my visit to Laura, who by the way is already looking big since she is five months pregnant, I open my laptop and search William Jones online and my screen was suddenly loaded with articles and news videos about him that I was shocked for a few seconds.

I clicked a random article, and in a matter of seconds, a whole article popped up.

The title itself had me angry. Do they think they're funny for using a Harry Potter reference? I roll my eyes. Obviously they'd do anything to get reads.

Ceremony? What ceremony? When was this? I was so confused that is until I saw the date

Ceremony? What ceremony? When was this? I was so confused that is until I saw the date. It was dated a few months ago when Mal's parents were caught.

Wait..So the media only recently found out about him? I guess it makes sense the media and news agency didn't know about this when it first happened three years ago as it was to keep Kyle on a low profile so they can find Mal's parents before they found Kyle.

WAIT! Is that where Kyle went when I saw him sneaking in the boarding school months ago after knowing that we are highly prohibited from leaving during weekdays?

I got in trouble trying to find his record file when I tried to sneak in my dad's office with Lewis and all along he was visiting the ceremony they held for his family.

I felt a tear slip out. That would explain why he was in a bad mood that day. But...he never told me or anything. Why did he deal with all this on his own?

I closed the tab and shut my laptop, staring blankly ahead.

Coincidentally, my phone lets out a sound telling me that I had a new message. And it just happened to be the one person that currently occupied my mind.

Idiot: Where r u?

I sniff, remembering back to the first day I met him where because I didn't know his name, I called him 'idiot.' And even after I knew his name, I was too stubborn to let go of the oh so amazing and unique name I had given him.

Kinda suited him at the time. I chuckle lightly to myself and begin typing a reply.

Rose: I'm at my dorm.

Idiot: What r u doing?

Rose: So many questions! Wouldn't u like to know 😝

Idiot: R u naked or something ;)

I roll my eyes. I can seriously imagine him smirking right now.