Chapter 37- Nightmares

^^^Angelica

Chapter 37

|Rose's P.O.V|

"We should ask the principal if we can have a masquerade ball like last year." Laura says excitedly, taking a sip of her coke.

I stare around the cafeteria in silence, everyone talking and laughing about something. Why were they all happy? Why can't my life be like theirs?

"Yeah, but remember what happened last year, Lydia went to Zachary's dorm after the party and got pregnant!" Lewis exclaims horrified "And she didn't even know it was Zach at first."

"What do you think Rose, can you try to convince your dad?"

"Hello?..... Rose?...... Asshole? WILL YOU ANSWER ME!?"

"Huh, What?" My attention was now on a fuming Laura, who was glaring me.

"What's wrong? You're very...distant today." She questions with concern.

Malcolm beside me shifts uncomfortably in his spot as he notices what I was staring at earlier.

Laura follows our gaze and her eyes widen when she finally notices. "Rose...Why the f*ck is that bastard sucking face with Angelica!?"

I shrug, digging my nails into my palm as an attempt to stop the tears from spilling out.

'You don't exist to me anymore.'

I knew he'd hate me once he'd remember but part of me was wishing he wouldn't and that he would be understanding and know that I regret every word.
I was only angry because I didn't want to accept my feelings towards him. I felt like he was only using me when he would kiss me one second then the next he'd be flirting with Laura.

I've already had my heart shattered once. And when you've been hurt before, you're afraid to start trusting people, afraid to open up and allow yourself to let other people in.

I look up at Kyle again, only to find that whilst he was kissing Angelica, he was looking straight at me. "I uhm, need to go.....to the toilet." I mumble awkwardly, avoiding eye contact and quickly scurry out of the cafeteria before the tears burst out of my eyeballs. I, however, felt his eyes on me every step out.

After a long day of school work, I forcibly drag myself back to my dorm, feeling my eyes heavy with emotional and physical exhaustion.

"Why do you look so sad, Daisy?" A familiar deep voice says gently, lifting my chin up to meet his eyes. I gasp in shock as I try to move but I seemed to be frozen in my spot.

I realised I was sitting on his lap in a bedroom that seemed new and unfamiliar to me. His other hot hand placed on my lower back, feeling like its burning through my skin.